PDA

View Full Version : Two Great Coffee Table Books I Found

Dunderway
04-20-09, 22:44
I just found two really good photography books at a local bookstore that I thought some of you might enjoy. I would have mentioned them in the “I need a good book” thread, but they are not really novels. These are two people that I have always looked up to, and it was really cool for me to find both of these on sale for very cheap.

1. “Churchill At War: His Finest Hour in Photographs, 1940 - 1945.” This is 155 pages of Winston Churchill on the war front. Tons of great photos of him mingling with U.S. troops and Eisenhower, and firing WWII era weapons with his trademark cigar always hanging out of his mouth. Almost every page made me smile, along with my grandfather.

2. “ Hemingway In Cuba”. A photo-biographical about the great author’s years in Cuba before Castro took over. If you are into deep sea fishing then this is a must have. Highlights are photos and text of Hemingway’s enthusiasm over using his new FA Thompson to beat the sharks off of his record setting marlin and tuna when he tried to haul them in. It truly was a different world back then.

David Thomas
04-21-09, 06:55
1. “Churchill At War: His Finest Hour in Photographs, 1940 - 1945.” This is 155 pages of Winston Churchill on the war front. Tons of great photos of him mingling with U.S. troops and Eisenhower, and firing WWII era weapons with his trademark cigar always hanging out of his mouth. Almost every page made me smile, along with my grandfather.

2. “ Hemingway In Cuba”. A photo-biographical about the great author’s years in Cuba before Castro took over. If you are into deep sea fishing then this is a must have. Highlights are photos and text of Hemingway’s enthusiasm over using his new FA Thompson to beat the sharks off of his record setting marlin and tuna when he tried to haul them in. It truly was a different world back then.

Both are good scores. Hemingway has been a favorite of mine for a long time.

M4tographer
04-21-09, 09:55
My whole family enjoys this one.
http://www.amazon.com/American-Patriots-Almanac-Readings-America/dp/1595551670

I'll have to check out the Churchill book. Thanks!