PDA

View Full Version : Swiss Arms CQB/SA 552 Commando

canucklehead
04-21-09, 10:50
Guys,

I've been a long time lurker on here, with few posts... but I just HAVE to show off my new toy to some guys who will appreciate it.

Up here (Canada) this is called a Swiss Arms CQB - am I right in assuming it's the same as your 552 Commando? Anyone know of the differences between the two?

Haven't had it out to the range yet (which is sadly the only place the Gov't 'allows' me to use it :rolleyes:) but from what I've heard it's a total 'blast'. :D

I've heard of long term reliability issues with the auto/high round count guns, but for a semi only shooter (less than 1000 round/year... probably WAY less) is there anything I should be aware of?

Thanks!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e95/canuckleheaddave/IMG_4568.jpg

Dave L.
04-21-09, 14:15
Oh how I wish they would let those flow in to the USA.

Great looking piece!

jrainer
04-21-09, 14:49
:DI likey

smithjd
04-21-09, 21:10
Looks just like mine (the one I'm issued). Our biggest gripe has been magazines that crack, typically on left side feed lip at the back, which allows rounds to volcano out.

Our fleet has been extremely reliable (can't remember a stoppage). Accurate too.

We likey, too.

canucklehead
04-21-09, 21:27
How many rounds before the cracking feedlips? Due to full-auto fire?

As you might know, mags for these suckers ain't cheap. Going rate right now is $90 for a 20 rounder, closer to $100 for a 30!

koalorka
04-21-09, 21:33
Looks just like mine (the one I'm issued). Our biggest gripe has been magazines that crack, typically on left side feed lip at the back, which allows rounds to volcano out.

Our fleet has been extremely reliable (can't remember a stoppage). Accurate too.

We likey, too.

Now that's something I've never heard of.... Would you mind posting images?

dl021
05-29-09, 13:50
Nice rifle. What are the storage requirements for these things. I know you have to use it at a range, but do you keep it at home or at some firearms club?

How is the accuracy? How does it feel rattle and shake wise?

Again, nice rifle. I wish I could have one down here in the US. I'll have to make do.

koalorka
05-29-09, 15:13
Nice rifle. What are the storage requirements for these things. I know you have to use it at a range, but do you keep it at home or at some firearms club?

How is the accuracy? How does it feel rattle and shake wise?

Again, nice rifle. I wish I could have one down here in the US. I'll have to make do.

You store it at your home, in a case or safe. Like any other gun.

Very accurate, heavy profile barrel, consistent out to 300 m. Feels like, well, quality, which is what you get.

ROSS4712
05-29-09, 15:31
Outstanding you lucky bastard!

VooDoo6Actual
05-31-09, 18:20
Outstanding Weapon platform.

Congrats !

killswitch1982
05-31-09, 21:00
You lucky Canucks! If it weren't for the magazine capacity laws, licensing, and "range use only" I'd immigrate just so I can buy some Swiss Arms rifles and a Tavor.

That's a nice rifle by the way!:D

canucklehead
06-16-09, 21:59
Doubletap

canucklehead
06-16-09, 21:59
I've changed up my optic choice (T-1 Micro instead of Burris FastFire) and added rail and TD Short Vert Grip.

Whaddya think?
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e95/canuckleheaddave/Nice.jpg]

JoshNC
06-16-09, 22:12
I've changed up my optic choice (T-1 Micro instead of Burris FastFire) and added rail and TD Short Vert Grip.

Whaddya think?
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e95/canuckleheaddave/Nice.jpg]

I think I am going to have to pick up a B&T rail for my 551-2 and put a T-1 on it. That looks GREAT!

canucklehead
06-16-09, 22:17
Decent co-witness as well... it's a little busy in there, but as long as I keep the T-1 near the rear of the rail, I can get a full sight picture through the irons without the T-1 interfering. The FastFire actually had a better 'field of view' in my opinion, but the T-1 is just so SWEET. :)

kal
06-16-09, 22:58
Given that the optic is far back on the upper receiver, can you use your left hand over the receiver to charge the rifle fluidly or does the optic still get in the way?

nickdrak
06-16-09, 23:12
I think the LaRue Tactical low profile T1 mount would raise up your T1 just enough to un-clutter your sight picture without loosing your cheekweld.

canucklehead
06-16-09, 23:27
Given that the optic is far back on the upper receiver, can you use your left hand over the receiver to charge the rifle fluidly or does the optic still get in the way?

No need - I'm a lefty. :) Works pretty nice with the CH on the right side.

As for the Larue mount - I thought about that - I would LOVE one, but they are tough to find in Canada. It would also eliminate any co-witness - which probably isn't a HUGE deal, but since the sights are fixed in place, I might as well use em!

Loner
06-17-09, 06:52
Good decision on the Aimpoint Micro. I use one on my Sig 552 and absolutely love it!

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m131/loner317/IMG_0128.jpg