PDA

View Full Version : What about a fixed mbus?

SoDak
04-21-09, 16:48
I've currently got a mbus on order, but I got to thinking that a fixed mbus would also be neat. I would think that if the cost could be kept between $30-$40(maybe it could be cheaper?) it might sell well to people looking to add a cheap rear sight that isn't chinese garbage to their rifle if it didn't come with a rear sight already. I know I wouldn't have minded something like that when I got my firts flattop rifle. I'm sure you guys have already thought of this and wouldn't say anything if there are plans for one, but I thought I'd still bring it up.

ST911
04-21-09, 17:57
I've currently got a mbus on order, but I got to thinking that a fixed mbus would also be neat. I would think that if the cost could be kept between $30-$40(maybe it could be cheaper?) it might sell well to people looking to add a cheap rear sight that isn't chinese garbage to their rifle if it didn't come with a rear sight already. I know I wouldn't have minded something like that when I got my firts flattop rifle. I'm sure you guys have already thought of this and wouldn't say anything if there are plans for one, but I thought I'd still bring it up.

This very issue came up during a show-and-tell of my MBUS set. Some agencies are authorized fixed BUIS units only, so the MBUS is not an option. A fixed MBUS price pointed at or below the current offering would be welcome to them.

In the interim, the existing MBUS set is easily modified to be a fixed unit. I will be doing mine as an exemplar. We'll see how the tweak serves over time.

SoDak
06-03-09, 20:51
I've had my mbus a while and I have been pleased with it. I still think though that magpul should make a fixed version. The only part they would have to design would be a new body and use the mbus's aperture parts.

In addition to what skintop911 has said about it being a benefit for LEOs, I think that since it could be made fairly cheap it could really put a dent in the sale of crappy utg sights. Can magpul say anything about whether or not they are looking into this.