PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for add on rail

deanmg
04-21-09, 18:47
I'm looking for suggestions for a decent add on rail for standard standard A2 grip.
I'm interested in only adding a light setup.

LOKNLOD
04-21-09, 20:06
For the A2 grip, or for the handguards?

Kimbo
04-21-09, 20:20
I assume he's talking about handguards. I would suggest getting a Magpul MOE Handguards and then add the rails.

citizensoldier16
04-21-09, 23:13
I agree. The MOE handguards are a great option for a KISS (that's Keep It Simple Stupid!) style rifle. They are very lightweight, they lock up tight, and they offer slots to add rails. If the OP is only planning on adding a light, then I think the MOE is the way to GO. :D

However, if the OP has any plans of adding anything else in the future, save your money and get a good FF quad such as the Daniel Defense Omega rail now. It'll save you money in the long run, and you can always attach rail covers to make it easier on the hands.

Blinking Dog
04-21-09, 23:25
Sounds like you're looking for a Daniel Defense Lite rail.

RD62
04-22-09, 07:17
I'm looking for suggestions for a decent add on rail for standard standard A2 grip.
I'm interested in only adding a light setup.

If you are wanting to use the factory handguards, and add a bolt-on rail section to allow you to mount a light, I recommend looking into the MCTAR-02 and -03 offered by Midwest Industries. They bolt right up to standard handguards, the rails are in spec, and they are pretty inexpensive. I would not suggest using them to attach a vertical foregrip or sling to your rifle's standard handguards though. Not that the rail couldn't handle it, but I have my doubts about the handguards.

-RD62

deanmg
04-22-09, 22:01
Thanks for all the input. All great suggestions. Originally I thought of something simple. The quad does make sense. ????????? decisions, ugh!