PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heard of ADS?

Dave_M
04-22-09, 02:49
That's, "Advanced Defense Systems" based out of Arizona. One of my friends is looking at them hard and asked me about them but I've never heard of them. I went to their webpage and saw that G&R Tactical is listed as a distributor but beyond that I don't know dick about the company.

Anyone know anything more or have any input? Quality? etc

Thanks in advance.

Here's a link to their homepage:
http://www.adsrifles.com/

Dunderway
04-22-09, 02:52
They make AimPoint mounts that seem to be pretty well thought of. That's about all I know though.

Edit: Sorry I was thinking of American Defense.

restfortheweary
04-22-09, 02:59
I remember seeing a post some time back, when Grant began to carry them. From what I remember reading, they are good to go for the price. Never seen one first hand, but I trust Grant not to carry a shitty gun.

steve-oh
04-22-09, 03:00
Yeah there was a thread on ADS a while ago. Survey says... good to go.

Shihan
04-22-09, 03:02
There has been a lot written about them on here. They make a decent entry level AR that will work.

COJAM
04-22-09, 09:29
Here you go sir.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7235&highlight=hits+market

tweakmeister
04-22-09, 09:40
See also: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=29203

rmecapn
08-19-09, 00:19
Necropost.

So what happened with this company?

Reddevil
08-19-09, 05:11
Necropost.

So what happened with this company?

I'd like to know as well. They sold a bone stock M4 for under $900 that had top tier specs.

rmecapn
08-19-09, 14:15
Well, I can only speculate that the company folded. Although it leaves me puzzled that they still have a website (but it appears to be outdated and all but dead). G&R Tactical no longer carries their weapons, so either their product wasn't all that or they don't have any product to sell. It'd be interesting to know what caused them to fail.

bullseye
08-19-09, 16:49
i don't know whether ADS went out of business or not, but, i recently bought 2 stripped ADS loweres from dynamic armament in glendale,az. the lowers were not finished by robar, but parkerized. i had gotten 2 of the ADS uppers from G&R awhile back, so i bought the lowers to make complete ADS rifles . i took the lowers to birdsong to black-t, they are there now. i have a 30-06 black-t'ed, and compared the finish on the uppers to that, so although the guns will end up a little pricey with the expense of the finish on the lowers, i will end up with some nice carbines. i'll bet my boots, nothing on them will rust.

bullseye
08-19-09, 16:54
i tryed to edit my reply above ,,,to add that the uppers from grant had the robar "rogard" teflon finish on them, the reason for getting the lowers black-t'ed

G-lock
08-19-09, 19:37
I have an ADS upper and lower that I bought in 2008, been a great gun for the money. I wish I had bought another, it would be a shame if they went out of business. I see the website is still up but I haven't seen any of their guns lately.

Bummer. Jeff

rhewitt
08-19-09, 20:24
I have a upper and lower from them. I had them dura coated. The work great. They fit great together and have had no problem with the quality of them.

I would have to say G2G

jasonb
08-20-09, 14:49
I have some experience with one purchased by my friend from Grant.

It's a good rifle. It hasn't been run real hard, but it hasn't had any functioning problems, the finish is durable and it's quite accurate.