PDA

View Full Version : LMT CQB MRP Defender Model Piston 16 Prices

POF.Ops
04-22-09, 22:49
What pricing are you guys seeing for the http://www.lewismachine.net/product.php?p=188&cid=11&session=833f2b7cb769c35172095b69df9755eb LMT CQB MRP Defender Model Piston 16? I bought one <2 months ago for $2100. Today I am being quoted $2500 for the exact same rifle. Is this way out of line? If so, who has them in stock and what is the price? Thanks!

getchevyn
04-23-09, 00:10
For some strange unknown reason the LMT MRP piston market price is more this month then 3 months ago while prices of another rifle such as the Colt 6920 market price is going in the opposite direction. I have both the piston and DI versions MRP rifles.

I brought the DI version for $1549 in Feburary. The Piston was assembled with a seperate upper and lower for a total price of $1879 last month.

Three months ago a LMT piston was sold for $2299 on Gunbroker. 2 rifles is now selling for $2600 with 4 days left. While a Colt 6920 that was selling for $1999 in January is going for $1650 today.

POF.Ops
04-23-09, 00:57
Thanks. I've also seen plenty of LE 6920's for sale lately in the ~$1600 range. No problem finding those.

Cohibra45
04-23-09, 06:19
As far as I know, the list price or MSRP is $1995 for the LMT MRP CQB Piston rifle. That is from the company MSRP price sheet. I can call or email today to see if there have been any changes in the price listings.

That is what I paid for mine, but that was way back in Sept. 08. Everyone said I paid too much, but it is what I wanted and it's what I got and am extremely happy with it!!!:D:D:D

POF.Ops
04-23-09, 22:15
That is the MSRP but that is not what they are selling for. I'm not too suprised you paid MSRP back in 09/08. I paid $2100 < 2 months ago. Check this one out that sold for $2995 http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=125540953

Apparently there is a 6-12 month waiting list depending on who you believe. Maybe $2500 isn't too unreasonable given that I can walk out of the store with one at that price.

getchevyn
04-24-09, 00:15
LMT has stated it will be 10/2010 before your rifle will be shipped if you order from them directly. It's just a gentle way of telling you, "If you want one better get it from a dealer because they are getting them 1st" So the best way to get one is thru a dealer. The dealers know this so they jack up the prices a couple of hundred bucks. Nothing wrong with that because that's just captialism.

Another problem is LMT isn't going to make many of these. They only have 75 people working at the entire company. Their main customers are the military and LEO. They have about $5 million worth of contracts with these 2 entities for 2009. The piston rifle is probably the last one to be made on the assembly line.

People like you and I also know this and are snagging them up as soon as they are made. I believe 75% of these piston rifles haven't even been shot once they are purchase. Again the reason is capitalism. A rifle is a rifle, but if it is unique enough then the perceived value goes up. For example, would you rather own a .45 luger or just a regular luger?

Cohibra45
04-24-09, 07:50
Well, they might not be MSRP anymore, but I believe if you shop around, you can find one from a dealer that only ups the price a couple hundred........not the five hundred or more some are asking.

I do know that LMT is working around the clock (literally) turning out product. I don't know what their military contracts involve, but they are still producing rifles as fast as they possibly can. They are a top notch company with a top notch product...............it doesn't get any better than that!!!

FWIW, I originally purchased (ordered) my LMT Piston way back in Feb. 08 and I didn't receive it until Sept. 08!!! I do believe the reason for my long wait was due to more testing by the company. I am really glad I did wait. BTW, I could have walked out with their MRP CQB DI version the very day I ordered my Piston.....I just wanted to have their latest new toy and knew even then all I had to do to revert back to DI was a simple barrel/BCG change.;) And before anyone asks why I didn't get their DI and then get their piston combination was and still is finances.

snakedoctor
04-24-09, 08:56
I got a NIB LMT piston upper for 1599.00 from westcoastarmory in Feb. Then just assembled a noveske lower on my own for it. maybe they still have uppers in stock?

threebanger
04-24-09, 14:28
If you're AD/LE you can IOP one from Kielser's for quite a nice price.

POF.Ops
04-28-09, 20:47
I wasn't very happy about it but I ended up buying the complete gun for $2500. They are asking $2700 for them and because I am a long-time customer and friend of the owner they gave me a $200 break. This is my 2nd LMT CQB MRP Piston and these are dead-solid reliable with all ammo, with can or without.

I sold my POF P-415 for what I paid for it to help fund the LMT, guess I need a new forum user name! I could have sold the POF for more, oh well. The dealer carries POF and they are sold out of all .223 variants. They do have the .308 models for $4k!

jwinch2
05-18-09, 03:23
2500? :eek: I paid $1850 not three months ago from a dealer... Where do you live?

Cohibra45
05-18-09, 08:59
2500? :eek: I paid $1850 not three months ago from a dealer... Where do you live?

He lives in Bellevue, WA. If you look in his post upper right, you will see where most of us live.

Where do you live??? Edit your User CP profile and tell us. Don't be afraid. It's kinda neat to see where everyone is and how where they live affects their shooting habits.

jwinch2
05-18-09, 09:38
He lives in Bellevue, WA. If you look in his post upper right, you will see where most of us live.

Where do you live??? Edit your User CP profile and tell us. Don't be afraid. It's kinda neat to see where everyone is and how where they live affects their shooting habits.

Oops, sorry. I guess I was overwhelmed by sticker shock...:eek: :o I'll update my profile as well...