PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Larry Vickers article on AR carbines

cathellsk
04-23-09, 20:40
A year or so back I was at Wally World with my brother skimming through a gun rag that was about ARs. There was an article in there by Larry Vickers that was about AR carbines and how he'd set one up (as I remember it). Does anyone know which one I'm talking about and where I can find a reprint? Don't know why I didn't buy it. Thanks for any help.

CounTeR
04-23-09, 20:46
You'd be better off heading back to the store and buying the magazine than trying to find a reproduction of copyrighted material on the internet.

Ziptie
04-23-09, 20:53
He's not asking for a reproduction of copyrighted material on the internet, he's asking if someone knows of the article in question, so he can figure out which magazine and which issue it comes from. I think I may have that article, let me do some digging, and I'll let you know the details.

Just found an article that addresses what you are looking for, I think. The magazine is called "Tactical Guns and Gear" by Guns and Ammo. It's from March of 2007. The article is called AR Design Factors- Conclusions of an End-User. by Larry Vickers. In the article he discusses in a respectfully opinionated way (although very informed) the pros and cons of different modern componenets of the platform, including considerations for the flash suppressors, barrel, FSB/gas block, Upper receiver, iron sights, BUttstock, and ambi controls,. Does that sound like it's what you are looking for?

Ziptie

NCPatrolAR
04-23-09, 21:02
LAV did a couple of articles for Shotgun News IIRC

cathellsk
04-23-09, 21:03
You'd be better off heading back to the store and buying the magazine than trying to find a reproduction of copyrighted material on the internet.

Reread the first 5 words of my post.....

CounTeR
04-23-09, 21:05
Reread the first 5 words of my post.....

Order a back issue.

Works for me.

cathellsk
04-23-09, 21:09
Does that sound like it's what you are looking for?

Ziptie

Look at the last paragraph or two. Does he mention something about every American should own at least an AR and an M9 because of them being the issue guns in the military?

cathellsk
04-23-09, 21:10
Order a back issue.

Works for me.

The point of this topic is to find out the magazine the article was in so I can. Please stop posting.:rolleyes:

cathellsk
04-23-09, 21:12
LAV did a couple of articles for Shotgun News IIRC

I was thinking that too, but this magazine was regular size. Unless it was printed in both, its possible I guess.

NCPatrolAR
04-24-09, 00:18
See the mag here?

http://vickerstactical.com/about-larry-vickers-2/published-articles/

cathellsk
04-24-09, 00:28
See the mag here?

http://vickerstactical.com/about-larry-vickers-2/published-articles/

Unfortunately no. I was on his site earlier and those articles are what got me thinking of the one I'm looking for.

Ziptie has the one I'm looking for. I just need to get a copy of it now. I never actually read the article, just the first and last couple paragraphs.

Thanks guys!;)