PDA

View Full Version : Always listen to M4C.net

kwelz
04-24-09, 18:01
This is just a friendly reminder to everyone.
The experts here know what they are talking about.

I always disagreed with people on here about Rails. Sure I would never buy a UTG or CAA rail but I have argued that YHM rails were not any worse than a Troy or DD rail.

Well today I received a Troy DI rail that I purchased from a fellow forum member to put on my RRA 9mm carbine.

This rail is far superior to the YHM Lite rail I have on another gun. Quality wise they really seem pretty close, however the Troy fits my hand so much better. They are not near as large and seem to be lighter than the YHM. In fact the Troy rail with covers is thinner than YHM rail without anything on them. And of course not having to remove the barrel nut is a huge benefit.

I know most of you are sitting here just saying well no sh!t. I am just providing a community service here to remind other stubborn people like me that people like Grant and the others know what they are talking about and should be listened to.

And for the record I will be removing the YHM rail from my Goto Carbine and replacing it with a Troy Rail.

hayes
04-24-09, 18:39
Wait until you try DD or LaRue rails.

Avenger29
04-24-09, 19:03
Glad that you've seen the light!

For some reason, I've gotten a wild hair and have been arguing with the blind masses over at another site. Apparently I'm a "brand loyalist", that "I've overstated my case" and such.

Screw 'em. I know who my money is going to...

kwelz
04-24-09, 19:09
I had had pretty much seen the light on most things. Colt, LMT, Novesk are the only brands that I will buy from now on.

I just thought the YHM rails were fine for me. And they were fine overall. I will say that. But they are not as good as the Troy.

I would love to get a DD omega or Larue Rail. However my wallet would kill me in my sleep if I thought about it.

seb5
04-24-09, 21:17
I would add DD to your list of rifles. As far as rails I prefer the Troy to all. I do not have Larue so can't comment on those. But I do have DD, Troy, SWS, SureFire, and PRI.

SecretAgentMan
04-25-09, 09:22
I had had pretty much seen the light on most things. Colt, LMT, Novesk are the only brands that I will buy from now on.

You might want to consider adding Bravo Company to that list. I've scored three of their mid-length upper receiver groups over the past few months, and they are fantastic. I thought about selling one of them to fund a Noveske upper, but I just couldn't do it. I'll own a Noveske one of these days, but I'm not getting rid of any of my Bravo gear to make it happen.

maximus83
04-25-09, 10:04

I agree with your general drift: there are folks here who can provide great advice based on real-world experience, and you generally want to buy quality. All valid points.

I would not, however, find the need to go QUITE that far in limiting your choices as to brands. There are plenty of good AR makers out there, and more than those you listed.

kwelz
04-25-09, 10:06
I should have been a bit more clear. Those are the other top Tier manufactures I can really find locally. I am aware of DD and others. I just don't think I will find any locally for a while. I probably should have just said Top Tier. But oh well.

SecretAgentMan
04-25-09, 14:57
I'm glad you can find anything top-tier in your neck of the woods. With the exception of the occasional S&W M&P-15, the only black rifles I ever see at gun stores in my neck of the woods are made by Bushmaster and DPMS.