PDA

View Full Version : AR15Barrels.com ..... What Gives?

JBar
01-01-07, 11:23
Can anyone tell me if Randall is still in business? I ordered 6 barrels back in May with a significant deposit. The check was cashed quick enough but now I can't get a response by e-mail, mail or telephone (I would try courier pigeon but it is a long flight from Florida to California). He no longer updates his website with the progress of his barrels (we have been sitting at order numbers 36 through 41 since June, see link). Any suggestions? I would hate to have to Lawyer-up to get my money back. I just want my barrels.

http://www.ar15barrels.com/orderstatus.shtml

Any help would be appreciated.

JBar

Robb Jensen
01-01-07, 12:03
JBar I sent you a PM.

9DivDoc
01-01-07, 12:27
The word is Randal is very honest businessman and that has been my experience
In fact he goes way beyond 'honest' in my opinion

He pretty much states on the website that if he is making a barrel from a blank
that is going to take some long term comittment...but well worth if if you can spare the time

Re-profiling and shortening a barrel take considerably less time...

Your investment is very very safe...imo

JBar
01-01-07, 12:48
Thanks guys. I am as patient as they come but I do expect to get a response after 8 months. To ignore my e-mails and phone calls is frustrating to say the least. I have gotten some helpful PMs. I will keep trying to contact Randall.

carshooter
01-01-07, 13:28
I've dealt with Randall several times in the past. He's a good guy. I'd imagine he's just busy with the holidays, and I know the barrel business is a weekend thing.

SHIVAN
01-01-07, 14:02
I have found that IM'ing him on AR15.com gets an OK response time.

DrMark
01-01-07, 14:26
I have found that IM'ing him on AR15.com gets an OK response time.

And he has been on AR15.com today, as I read a post from him.

JBar
01-01-07, 16:43
Thanks for the input everyone. I have e-mailed, called and now IM'd him on ARFCOM. I will post the outcome. I'm not trying to hurt anyone just complete a past due transaction.

JBar

9DivDoc
01-01-07, 21:16
Thanks for the input everyone. I have e-mailed, called and now IM'd him on ARFCOM. I will post the outcome. I'm not trying to hurt anyone just complete a past due transaction.

JBar

Frustration and concern after having waited a long time...and having put out a sizeable outlay of cash....very understandable...

I've been playing with ARs trading and slapping them together for a few yrs and the three most honest guys I have found in the business are right here on this site...

One of them is Randall....

hth :)

Turbo Supra
01-02-07, 12:59
+1 for Randall. He's been swamped since before the holidays, but still managed to get my LMT upper back to me quickly. He does great work for the dollar!

TangoChaser
01-04-07, 14:26
He responds to IMs pretty quick of ar15.com. I spoke with him via IM just yesterday.

JBar
05-27-07, 07:58
UPDATE: Now it has been 14 months and still no barrels or refund. Not to mention I have sent two letters, as Randall requested, asking for a refund. I have left phone messages, no reply. Now I see he is soliciting business on this site as well. Buyer beware!!!! If you want shop services, he may follow through. If you order a barrel, you will never get it. Not to mention you can kiss your cash goodbye. Randall knows his stuff but is not an honest businessman.

Jbar

KevinB
05-27-07, 08:16
Jbar,

I would advise you to be careful of what you post on the internet. It can always come back to bite you.

5POINT56
05-27-07, 08:17
14 months, numerous attempted contact and he hasn't even replied?!?

Do you have proof of payment? I'd imagine you do. I'd send a registered, delivery confirmed, signature required letter to him stating everything one last time.

If that also gets no response, I'd take it to the next level. After 14 months you should have either those barrels or your money, but being out both of those seems unreasonable.

5POINT56
05-27-07, 08:19
Jbar,

I would advise you to be careful of what you post on the internet. It can always come back to bite you.

It would seem to me that at this point, it's not Jbar who should be concerned about whats posted online. Lets hope Randall shows up to clear things up.

Derek_Connor
05-27-07, 08:45
It would seem to me that at this point, it's not Jbar who should be concerned about whats posted online. Lets hope Randall shows up to clear things up.

Hasn't randall been posting actively on this site within the last couple of weeks?

Dport
05-27-07, 08:54
Did you send registered letters?

JBar
05-27-07, 09:13
I do have proof of payment, a cancelled check. I did not send the letters registered mail but I will with the THIRD letter. My fault for assuming he would honor his own request for a statement in writing asking for a refund.

As for being careful as to what I post on the internet, well, I feel I have been extremely patient with Randall. I discussed timelines with him before I placed the order and have waited 14 months to receive my order or refund. I believe at this point that I have a responsibility to others in our community to make them aware of the situation so they do not make the same mistake. My business was solicited via the internet therefore the results of that solicitation are being published on the internet. If he follows through with the barrels or refund, I will be happy to bring that to everyone's attention. We sent an $800 deposit in good faith.

Jbar

5POINT56
05-27-07, 09:30
I do have proof of payment, a cancelled check. I did not send the letters registered mail but I will with the THIRD letter. My fault for assuming he would honor his own request for a statement in writing asking for a refund.

Let me get this straight. You put $800 down on some barrels, check sent and check cleared. 14 months has gone by and you have neither your $800 nor the barrels. Is this correct?

If so, why in the hell would a business REQUEST A WRITTEN STATEMENT asking for a refund?? How about just checking to make sure your claim was valid and simply getting your money back to you? Whats the need for it to be in writing?

JBar
05-27-07, 09:39
Let me get this straight. You put $800 down on some barrels, check sent and check cleared. 14 months has gone by and you have neither your $800 nor the barrels. Is this correct?

If so, why in the hell would a business REQUEST A WRITTEN STATEMENT asking for a refund?? How about just checking to make sure your claim was valid and simply getting your money back to you? Whats the need for it to be in writing?

In January when this thread started, I finally got a PM on the other site and he requested I send him a letter requesting a refund. I honored that request and have not heard anything since. I do not know what to do but to make everyone aware of it in the hopes he will relinquish my deposit. I'm glad someone else sees why I am so frustrated. All I want is my refund so I can order the 6 barrels from someone who is going to deliver. Any suggestions? Randall??

Jbar

Here is the last PM exchange on the other site. I followed up with an additional letter:

Please do not post private PM's (especially ones from TOS

We understand that you have an issue and want M4C members to hear about it, but please take it offline.

5POINT56
05-27-07, 09:54
Whats the date these last correspondences you posted were exchanged between you guys? How long ago?

KevinB
05-27-07, 10:12
This site is not for a personal sopabox about complaining about people, dealer of manufacturers.

Take the matter to PM's - or go thru the legal system.

KevinB
05-27-07, 22:10
Kevin-

I have written James XXXXX's refund check and it goes out in the mail tuesday.

As I did not get to respond in that thread before you locked it, can you either post something there after you hear from James, or allow me to post a remark that this is resolved?

Randall Rausch
ar15barrels.com

I hope this will end the matter
-Kevin