PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Ranger 60gr Partition Q3283

msstate56
04-24-09, 21:46
I realize that everyone is having ammo issues right now, but can anyone help me and my department find some Win Ranger 60 grain Patition Q3238. It is the FBI issue load. We just started our rifle program, all personally owned weapons, and I'm glad our supervisors agreed on this load. We just can't find anyone who has it in stock. For the dept. to purchase it needs to be someone who can deal with the state of Alabama. We can use approved ammo if we purchase it ourselves. If someone knows where I can purchase this invidually, that would be great. Thank you for your help.

Jim from Houston
04-25-09, 00:15
I tried to acquire some of this recently and was told that there is an approximately one year backorder on this particular product...don't know if that's true for everyone, or just the folks I talked to, but this is defintely a "hard to come by" item.

I'm sure you've probably already talked to them, but in case you haven't, here's the contact info for Winchester's LE distributor for Alabama and Mississippi:

Precision Delta Corp
205 Floyce Street
PO Box 128
Ruleville MS 38771-0128
Joe Tranum, Patricia Lott
Phone: (662) 756-2810
Fax: (662) 756-2590

DocGKR
04-25-09, 00:19
Black Hills also makes an equivalent 60 gr Partition loading.

Iraqgunz
04-25-09, 03:23
Maybe the dept. should consider authorizing a couple of different loads that way they won't suffer should they not be able to obtain a particular load, especially in the current climate we're in.

I realize that everyone is having ammo issues right now, but can anyone help me and my department find some Win Ranger 60 grain Patition Q3238. It is the FBI issue load. We just started our rifle program, all personally owned weapons, and I'm glad our supervisors agreed on this load. We just can't find anyone who has it in stock. For the dept. to purchase it needs to be someone who can deal with the state of Alabama. We can use approved ammo if we purchase it ourselves. If someone knows where I can purchase this invidually, that would be great. Thank you for your help.

shootmovecomm
04-25-09, 09:49
msstate556,

The organization that I am affiliated with utilizes everything from 55 grain BTHP, bonded tip, 77 grain BTHP, and M855. We just received several thousand rounds of 60 grain to give it a run for entry use. We order directly from Winchester government sales. You may want to pass that up the chain especially if this is going to be a state gov. contract.