PDA

View Full Version : Rock River Arms Entry Buttstock? Anyone use one?

Taipan
04-24-09, 22:21
I'm looking for a short review and haven't found much out there on the net.
This would be for a mini-SPR/SAM-R type build.
I'm also thinking of the LMT SOPMOD and a Cav Arms C1.
Thoughts?

Thanks...first post here.

triburst1
04-24-09, 22:25
No, they are a little too short for me. I generally use the M4 stock in the first or second position out. If I was going to use a short fixed stock, I'd get the Sully.

seb5
04-25-09, 12:48
The Sully is my choice, by far. It also looks good, which the RRA does not. As faras lenght the Sully is like the M-4 at the first notch. If you like it longer get the 1" recoil pad and it's the same as the second notch.

Taipan
04-25-09, 13:24
The Sully is my choice, by far. It also looks good, which the RRA does not. As faras lenght the Sully is like the M-4 at the first notch. If you like it longer get the 1" recoil pad and it's the same as the second notch.

Well I think the Cav Arms C1 is about the length of the Sully with the extra recoil pad + it has a storage compartment.

But really are either of these going to be better than an adjustable carbine stock on a SPR/SAM-R type?

seb5
04-25-09, 21:27
Only can answer that. I currently use Magpuls, Vltor, and a Sully. I like all three. If a fixed stock fits you you can't beat it. There is no collapsible stock as strong as a fixed stock.