PDA

View Full Version : DFLCS

3p031
04-24-09, 22:32
Hey guys first post here. I am an activ duty 3p031 in the USAF and I was just issued my DFLCS damn thing is brand new and the way we have to use them for now is with 4 double m4 pouches. I have two questions. One is the damn pouches are so tight when I load two mags in there they are a bitch to pull and put back is there anyway to make them better? I just wanna be able to pull one mag and just get the one and not have the second fall out. Second is there anyplace I can get a good M4 double shingle in ABU? I just want a double one to put behind my primary mag pouches. Any help would be great. My Sgt said to wedge cardboard inbetween the two mags in the pouches but its not working at all it just flattens the cardboard out.

Again thanks for any help.

Redhat
04-24-09, 23:18
Is everyone else's tight? I'd give it a week or so and it will probably loosen up some.

3p031
04-24-09, 23:21
Yeah theres like five guys that have it the same way. Im not sure if they didnt give enough elastic or what. I put everything together and then tried it on and its a pain in the ass. I pull a mag to reload and the other one squirts out with it. I wedged cardboard inbetween the mags then shoved 2 large sharpies on the outside I hope it works but I was also hopeing there was another way.

PlatoCATM
04-24-09, 23:33
My defensor fortis junk is still in the bag and it isn't coming out until it has to. As far as tight mag pouches go, if you have spare mags or can get ahold of some, store your gear with them in it. you could use door shims to stretch them out a bit while in storage, but you risk losing the security of the tightness. I thought ACU patterns were authorized for use with ABU...?

Shihan
04-24-09, 23:35
Wet it and put some empty mags in it to stretch it out and leave it over night. Repeat if needed.

Redhat
04-24-09, 23:38
My defensor fortis junk is still in the bag and it isn't coming out until it has to. As far as tight mag pouches go, if you have spare mags or can get ahold of some, store your gear with them in it. you could use door shims to stretch them out a bit while in storage, but you risk losing the security of the tightness. I thought ACU patterns were authorized for use with ABU...?

Just curious why you think its junk?

3p031
04-24-09, 23:38

Yeah we have a mixed bag here some have ACU some have ABU I sadly was stuck with ABU. Im going to try the door wedges and wetting it. I like the way it is set up but I miss my MAV I used to use a TT MAV in khaki and now Im stuck with this ABU stuff. but thanks guys

eggroll
04-24-09, 23:46
the ACU pattern was likely made by LONDON BRIDGE TRADING, while the OD variant was first made by EAGLE Industries....

the ABU variant was made by GARRETT container systems - there could be a slight miscalculation in dimensioning with the Garrett production.

3p031
04-24-09, 23:51
No everything I have has a green tag that says london bridge tradeing co ltd. Is that a good thing?

SeriousStudent
04-25-09, 00:03
No everything I have has a green tag that says london bridge tradeing co ltd. Is that a good thing?

LBT is a very good gear maker.

3p031
04-25-09, 00:10
So I guess thats a bonus. It wont fall apart on me like the LBV 88 I had a while ago will it? damn mag pouches tore off while prone.

PlatoCATM
04-27-09, 14:46
Sorry, I shouldn't have used the word "junk." Bear in mind that my only reference to this eqpt is seeing other's gear in use. Part of it may be that they had poor configurations, but I think we should be able to attach everything we need to our armor/plate carrier. Before I deployed my whole team bought some tactical tailor rig that was relegated to the top bunk "gear shelf" when I realized the ease of mounting the pouches on the intercepter. I tend to see the DFLCS as another ill-conceived uniform (just like the ABU and the PT gear), and in this case the designers probably won't have to wear it for 14 hour shifts.

As far as the quality, it may be very high, and my comment was not directed towards the manufacture of the gear.

Redhat
04-27-09, 18:26
Sorry, I shouldn't have used the word "junk." Bear in mind that my only reference to this eqpt is seeing other's gear in use. Part of it may be that they had poor configurations, but I think we should be able to attach everything we need to our armor/plate carrier. Before I deployed my whole team bought some tactical tailor rig that was relegated to the top bunk "gear shelf" when I realized the ease of mounting the pouches on the intercepter. I tend to see the DFLCS as another ill-conceived uniform (just like the ABU and the PT gear), and in this case the designers probably won't have to wear it for 14 hour shifts.

As far as the quality, it may be very high, and my comment was not directed towards the manufacture of the gear.

Like any other gear, you set it up to fit your mission needs. I have worn it in training and on duty, it is very flexible and worked well for me. I didn't try to hang everything in the kit on my gear, which is probably near impossible.

This reminds me of a time I insisted our instructors wear the same holster as the SF. They complained because it was the M12 flap holster. So I made them shoot the qual with it starting in the interview stance with holster secured. Guess what? They all learned to make it work and had no trouble getting their pairs on target in 3 seconds and qualifying. They could then tell the students from experience that it could be done. Point is, I think this is good kit vastly improved over what we used to have and it will work you just have to learn how.

You guys might consider training with it to gain some insight on what works best then you can pass on valuable information to SF! :cool:

3p031
04-28-09, 10:44
I have worn it for work and training an love it only down side I can see is the damn mag pouches. I have made it a little better thanks to your input from here but it is still had to pull just one. Even harder to put loaded mags back in while wearing it. I had to mod the secondary pouches cause with a Sig P226 mag in it the velcro didnt mate properly so I put a little bit of bungie cord threw the pull tab and wrapped it around the pouch and use that as a pull. Ill post a picture later it will show it better then I can explaine it.

I hate the fact that we got ABU cause getting pouches for it is a pain in the ass. One of the other groups got it in khaki and that would be easier to find things for it. Over all I like the kit but like Redhat said you cant put everything on it. I just have ammo, medical, cuffs, and radio on it. Does anyone elses have what looks like a wide strap of elastic coverd by what looks like a poncho connecting the front pannels to the rear pannel?