PDA

View Full Version : SR25’s on the civilian market

VA_Dinger
01-01-07, 14:44
Does KAC still provide warranty work & maintenance service for the SR25’s owned by civilians?

M4arc
01-01-07, 14:52
There was a gentleman at the Pungo range last Friday with one and he was having short stroking issues. When I asked him about sending it to KAC he said they won't even speak to him about it on the phone. :(

mark5pt56
01-01-07, 14:56
I sent him the link over here, not sure if he checked it out.

VA_Dinger
01-01-07, 15:01
There was a gentleman at the Pungo range last Friday with one and he was having short stroking issues. When I asked him about sending it to KAC he said they won't even speak to him about it on the phone. :(

That has to be considered a negative to buying one.

I've been lightly looking / fighting the urge to buy one for the past two years. Price is always an issue. Not to mention that I have not found the exact model I want for sale.

KevinB
01-01-07, 15:36
talk to coldblue -- Dave Lutz, the VP for MIL OPS at KAC -- he will usually take time out his busy day to help the civilian owners (and takes calls from deployed mil pers too) with KAC issues...

He is a shinning star (the only one at KAC these days if I have seen) in customer service.

M4arc
01-01-07, 15:38
talk to coldblue -- Dave Lutz, the VP for MIL OPS at KAC -- he will usually take time out his busy day to help the civilian owners (and takes calls from deployed mil pers too) with KAC issues...

He is a shinning star (the only one at KAC these days if I have seen) in customer service.

Hopefully the guy Mark5pt56 and I met will read this and take your advice. It seems like too nice of a rifle to give up on.

SHIVAN
01-01-07, 20:07
Absent help from KAC I would trust the following people to get it working properly:

George Gardner {GAP (http://gaprecision.net/)}
Randall Rausch {AR15Barrels (http://ar15barrels.com/)}
Steve @ ADCO {ADCO (http://adcofirearms.com/)}

I would not bother these folks until I checked the gas block alignment, the recoil spring & the bolt carrier & gas key.

If all of these things looked correct, the gas port may be the wrong size or something else that would be hard for an individual to troubleshoot.

Btrain
01-02-07, 18:59
Howdy,

I was the guy having shortstroking issues at Pungo.

Dinger and I went to the range today, and I brought some 168 gr Federal Match and some 175 gr Federal.

The SR25 worked flawlessley with these ammos.

It was an ammo issue.

My SR likes very good ammo, it didnt like the GA Arms stuff I bought (now I have 480 rounds of the stuff!!).

Dinger is a very good shot. Much better than I am. He took his target with him, I hope he posts a picture of what he did. I took some camera phone shots, so if he doesnt post, I will!!

Thanks for all your help guys!!

B

Dport
01-02-07, 19:03
Dinger is a very good shot. Much better than I am.

So just what kind of dirt does Dinger have on you?:D

Glad to see you got a handle on your issues. I'm surprised to hear GA is not loaded hot enough. Although, it does sound like GA is having issues in general now.

subzero
01-02-07, 19:17
So just what kind of dirt does Dinger have on you?:D

Seriously.

DrMark
01-02-07, 19:17
Howdy,

Dinger is a very good shot. Much better than I am. He took his target with him, I hope he posts a picture of what he did. I took some camera phone shots, so if he doesnt post, I will!!

Welcome, Btrain.

Looking forward to pics of Dinger's target! :D

VA_Dinger
01-02-07, 20:17
Seriously.

You guys suck.

With friends like you guys....... who needs enemies?

:D

VA_Dinger
01-02-07, 20:18
Btrain, welcome to M4carbine by the way.

It's nice to have guys like you around.

VA_Dinger
01-02-07, 20:30
OK, since my "Friends" have called me out I'll post it. :)

Btrain's SR25, 100 yards, 168 gr Federal Match, bipod supported.

One three shot group, one so-so shot, and my last shot ---- the damn near bullseye.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/SR25RANGETRIPONE.jpg

I LOVE that SR25, we were meant to be together.

Btrain
01-02-07, 20:40
See- he is a good shot.

Of course, if I didnt have my two glass eyes, Parkinson's, DTs, epilepsy, rabies, SARS, ebola, bird flu, swine flu, and Tourette's, I could shoot like that too!!

Oh, and I got to shoot his M4 as well. It was quite a neat rifle. Niiiiiice glass on top. Trigger was a little heavier than I am used to :)

from my phone:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k237/leiasparents2/VAdinger.jpg

M4arc
01-02-07, 20:43
See- he is a good shot.

Of course, if I didnt have my two glass eyes, Parkinson's, DTs, epilepsy, rabies, SARS, ebola, bird flu, swine flu, and Tourette's, I could shoot like that too!!

Oh, and I got to shoot his M4 as well. It was quite a neat rifle. Niiiiiice glass on top. Trigger was a little heavier than I am used to :)

You're going to fit in well over here!

I'm not sure who he was or what he did with Dinger but we can't be talking about the same guy :p

Dport
01-02-07, 21:08
Dinger who shot that target for you?:p

Btrain
01-02-07, 21:10
Dinger who shot that target for you?:p

Now that you mention it, I did see him go down range with a big needlepoint needle. It looked to be, I dont know, maybe 308/1000 of an inch in diameter!!!

Dport
01-02-07, 21:20
Now that you mention it, I did see him go down range with a big needlepoint needle. It looked to be, I dont know, maybe 308/1000 of an inch in diameter!!!
LOL!

Hey, this board won't let me post anything less than 5 characters. I guess there will be no "tag" here.

bigbore
01-02-07, 21:27
The best way to fix an SR-25 is to sell it and buy an AR-10:)

Milkman
01-02-07, 21:53

...Then use the left over cash to fix the AR10. :D

cohiba
01-02-07, 21:53

One of my New Year's resolutions is to buy ONE gun, just ONE, that you like. I'm going to hold my SR25 now and tell it just to let the bad man go away. ;) :D

VA_Dinger
01-02-07, 21:55
I'm don't know a damn thing about AR10's (I also don't need to, I have Shivan for advice) but Btrain's SR25 shoots like a dream.

Like I said, I was BORN to own a SR25.

Nathan_Bell
01-02-07, 21:57

Like the one on the Left (Top) of the photo? Should look familiar to ya :D At least the upper should.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Swobodo75/DCP_0178.jpg

bigbore
01-02-07, 22:07
...Then use the left over cash to fix the AR10. :D

And after you fix the AR10, you'll still have a bunch of money left over for ammo.

Milkman
01-02-07, 22:10
And after you fix the AR10, you'll still have a bunch of money left over for ammo.

...and new tires for my truck, a widescreen TV, pick up pizza from the expensive place on 6th Street, get the wife something nice, get the dog a new chew toy, give that homless guy by the train station fifty bucks, and hide the left over cash in the secret hollow spot in the bottom of the porcelain cow on the kitchen counter.

*inside joke for Hawk :p

VA_Dinger
01-02-07, 22:32

Now that's funny.

VA_Dinger
01-02-07, 23:35
I stole this picture of Btrain's SR-25.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/leiasparents/sr259.jpg

Let's just say I'm in love.

SHIVAN
01-03-07, 00:28
<cough>...GAP AR-10...<cough>

Sorry. A little flu or something coming over me.:p

Btrain
01-03-07, 21:15
I'll tell you what I will think long and hard about selling my SR-25 for....

this SASS. I think it is SniperX's from Ar15.com.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k237/leiasparents2/sass.jpg

SHIVAN
01-03-07, 22:37
I'll tell you what I will think long and hard about selling my SR-25 for....

this SASS. I think it is SniperX's from Ar15.com.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k237/leiasparents2/sass.jpg

That's one of his rails, but I doubt that's his weapon. Art doesn't strike me as a high end optics guy to have a pretty uncommon Dark Earth Canadian spec US Optics MST-10. He also doesn't strike me as one to buy a pretty high dollar Jet suppressor with mirage cover.

Truth be told, he prefers the ArmaLite, as best I know.....

VA_Dinger
01-04-07, 18:41
I found a picture of the SR-25 that I want; unfortunately finding for sale is the equivalent to finding a Unicorn or Bigfoot. Not to mention they go for boo-Koo bucks.

Knights Armament SR-25 Light Weight RAS Match Rifle:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/SR25LWRAS202.jpg

Derek_Connor
01-04-07, 19:52
For the those who need to learn, what are the differences between the SR25 and lets say, a Noveske/Gap built AR10? (forgetting price, availability, cool factor etc)

SHIVAN
01-04-07, 20:41
The list of what is the same is shorter:

FCG can be shared
Barrel can be shared
Stock can be shared.

After that, nearly everything else is SR-25 specific and made by KAC.

Many of the differences are minor. The bolt and carrier for instance.

Some are major. The magazines for instance.

VA_Dinger
01-04-07, 20:50
What mags does the GAP AR10 use?

SHIVAN
01-05-07, 08:37
ArmaLite pattern modified M-14....

Of which, I will recommend the second generation magazines without hesitation.

M4Guru
01-10-07, 10:53
I want a Noveske Leonidas.

I have an M24 for a sniper rifle, no use in downgrading to a semi.:D

KevinB
01-10-07, 11:42
.338LM is a sniping cartridge -- .308 if for gas guns :D

M4Guru
01-10-07, 11:56
.338 wouldn't do me any good, we can't afford the ammo.:D

I have a MK13Mod2 in 300WM to bridge the gap a little.

KevinB
01-10-07, 14:26
I thought you where going to mention that going thru a barrel for a basic course was a bad idea too :D

Edit to remove the larger parts of the hijack

Mac679
01-17-07, 15:15
Howdy,

Dinger and I went to the range today, and I brought some 168 gr Federal Match and some 175 gr Federal.

The SR25 worked flawlessley with these ammos.

It was an ammo issue.

My SR likes very good ammo, it didnt like the GA Arms stuff I bought (now I have 480 rounds of the stuff!!).

Thanks for all your help guys!!

B

That is a nice rifle you've got, but I'll stick with that customized bolt gun I was shooting near y'all that day.

Dunedain
08-19-09, 21:38
I'm surprised to hear about the poor customer service at KAC. I always thought of them as a top-notch operation, when people are buying expensive guns like that, anything less than excellent customer service is not acceptable. I know if I forked for an SR-25 and there was a problem with the rifle, I'd expect it fixed fast and right with no hassles.

If some of the cutomer service guys aren't doing a good job of taking care of the customers, then they should all be replaced with guys who are shining stars like Dave Lutz. :)

Ah, the SR-25, nice rifle, but the prices have shot through the roof on those things. :)

averageshooter
08-28-09, 13:32

LOL. Ive considered having GAP build me one but its hard to get funds out of the wife...

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-31-09, 00:38
LOL. Ive considered having GAP build me one but its hard to get funds out of the wife...

How much are you selling your wife for?

averageshooter
08-31-09, 03:51
How much are you selling your wife for?

out of not for :p