PDA

View Full Version : 2 Stage Trigger??

WGG
04-25-09, 16:02
I have an Armalite National Match that is about four years old. It is not real pretty but shoots consistenly sub MOA groups at 100 yards from the bench. It has 2000 +\- rounds of .223 ammo through it.Took it to the range this weekend because I needed to sight in the scope again since I had to re-apply loctite to the mount screws.
I noticed that the trigger was shooting like a single stage on almost every shot. Do 2 stage triggers wear and become like a single stage after a number of rounds? If I need to replace it what brand of target trigger would you recommend?
Thanks in advance for your advice.

Thomas M-4
04-25-09, 16:16
2stage triggers are known to do that after awhile.

seb5
04-25-09, 21:32
For replacement I can only comment on what I've used, RRA, Gieselle, and JP. I would skip the RRA.

travclem
04-26-09, 11:38
For replacement I can only comment on what I've used, RRA, Gieselle, and JP. I would skip the RRA.

Why is that?

seb5
04-26-09, 13:49
Over the years I've used 3. 2 are still going but the first went to a single stage and then ended up breaking in half at around 12,000 rounds. That's acceptable to me but after reading this forum I've found that I was pretty lucky to get what I did out of it. I went back to standard triggers except for the one Gieselle.

I will keep my other RRA 's until they give up and then replace them. I do like the 2 stage and lighter releases. My serious use guns have standard triggers in them already. I also have spares so when a parts goes it gets replaced right now. If it's your only AR I wouldn't have it but if you have others and/or the tools/skills to replace the trigger easily then it's a non issue. Good luck.

travclem
04-26-09, 20:32
Gotcha, guess i'll see how long mine lasts.:)

mmike87
04-27-09, 07:53
I have RRA 2 stage in 3 out of 4 rifles, and LMT standard in the fourth. If / when the RRA triggers die, I'll replace them with standard triggers.

I really don't find that I shoot any better with the 2 stage than the standard LMT trigger, and with the latter I don't have to to worry about any durability issues.

However, so far I have not had any issues with the RRA triggers.

Blankwaffe
04-27-09, 14:06
Ive always prefered a standard single stage trigger.I liked the LMT standard trigger that came in the Defender lowers,so thats what I put on my Armalite as well.