PDA

View Full Version : Benelli charging handle

Saginaw79
04-27-09, 14:37
I need a suggestion. A friend of mine took a class w/ his Benelli, while he found the stock charging handle adequate it did leave some to be desired

Hes looking at 2 KZ/KZY handles but Id like to get y'alls opinions on them

Robb Jensen
04-28-09, 05:31
When I used a Benelli for competition I used a larger charging handle made by Arrendondo.

Buck
04-28-09, 10:32
[SIZE="5"]Here is the KZ handle for the M4 (factory VS the KZ)... The KZ handles are very good quality and are 100% US made...

B
http://botach.us-dc1-edit.store.yahoo.net/I/botach_2050_211586723

WS6
04-28-09, 11:37
Hrmmm, after looking at what was posted, I will have to say that my M4 will not be wearing KZ parts. Not that they are bad, they are just out-dated or not optimal. I took a different route and here it is/the reasons for it:

Titanium full-length tube: (weighs @8oz less than the factory tube and ghey aluminum spacer combo).

Stock handguards: (I have heard nothing good about aftermarket handgaurds on the market. Everything from twisting and interfereing with the pistons, to letting the gas hit your hands. Not impressed. Needs to be more positive feedback and less negative for me to jump.) That and the KZ system still uses the same POS rail design as Benelli. Why waste money on something I cannot use any QD mounts on?

*86 the POS crap rail that Benelli puts on those things and install a proper 1913 spec 7075 type III anodized rail with full 1913 slots instead of that LaRue mount-shredding Benelli abomination. This way I can run my T1 in a LaRue mount. QD.

I would leave the bolt handle alone so that we do not modify bolt velocity. My M4 cycles 1145fps 1-1/8oz STS target loads. I kinda enjoy that. I don't want that to change. Either that or go with a titanium design like Design Concepts or something.

ETA: Friend of mine just took my stock M4 bolt charger up to the university in hopes of getting it's exact weight using one of their digital scales. I will keep posted.

Saginaw79
04-28-09, 18:53
He has an M1s90, and I believ that was the one hes looking at

esskay
04-29-09, 02:01
Buck,
Is that KZ handguard US-made too? I think I see a US label on it?

That would make it a compliance part.

Buck
04-29-09, 10:08
Buck,
Is that KZ handguard US-made too? I think I see a US label on it?

That would make it a compliance part.

Yes.... 100% US made...

B

Mo_Zam_Beek
04-29-09, 14:17
Does KZ make a similar HG for a M1S90?

WS6
04-29-09, 15:09
Yes, I do belive that this would be a compliance part. I think the M4 has 13 "parts" and:

Magazine-tube (US-made easy to get)
Mag follower (Easy to get)

drops you to 11. However, that depends on if the pistons are 1 or 2 parts or God knows what. Honestly, I just don't think it matters unless you are a dealer selling these. Benelli even sold the 2-shot extensions for a while and noone who bought them was arrested that I know of. Benelli stopped due to pressure/will to comply, much as Colt bastardized their stuff to please big-brother. I won't swear to it, because I don't KNOW, but I don't belive any true action was ever taken against Benelli, but I do know that nothing was ever done to their 2-shot extension customers.

For me, 922R is not something to lose sleep over.

One thing to remember about all the rails in this thread, the only mounts that you can use on them are OEM screw-type or GG&G Accucam mounts. They will totally trash ADM, LaRue, etc. type mounts.

I really wish there were more than 1 person making proper 1913 pic rails (sans axial "LaRue shredder" cut) for the M4 platform because currently all they are doing are the reciever mount rails so people like me who LOVE QD can run LaRue/ADM mounted optics.

Another thing to take into account on Bolt handles. I checked feedback on KZ and could not find anything, good or bad. However, GG&G bolt handles have a horrible reputation with the M4 crowd. Noone I know will run one, and if they do, they don't replace it when it breaks/flies off into the wild-blue-yonder. I have yet to hear anything bad about the DG Titanium bolt handle. I just ordered one and will let you all know how it goes, my friend has had one for thousands of rounds to no ill effect and loves it.

Another mod he suggested, which I bought, is the GG&G bolt-release. Yes it costs $120, and yes all it is is a stock Benelli bolt release with the button machined square and a female portion machined and tapped/threaded into it and a 4140 tab of steel bolted to this, BUT! I do not have the tools to do this myself, so I pay the $120. One word of advice: Lok-tite. Do that and it is a GREAT mod, again, one of my friends has thousands of rounds through his M4 and he runs it HARD and has had no trouble after lok-titing it. I personally hate that small button and in the ad it says "...hard to fund under stress..." Yea, well I have a hard time finding it at the range or in my back-yard. The GG&G bolt release is definitely something I would recommend, perhapse even before the bolt handle.

I could not get a weight on the stock M4 BCH yesterday. The lab was closed.

Saginaw79
04-29-09, 17:21
Will that M4 type bolt handle fit an M1s90?

WS6
04-29-09, 19:25
Will that M4 type bolt handle fit an M1s90?

They are not interchangeable.

WS6
04-30-09, 20:25
ADDENDUM: Design concepts no-longer makes the titanium M4 bolt-handle. Brownells cancelled my order. Sorry guys :(

huklbrry
06-09-09, 09:37
Cleefurd on the Benelli forum is in the process of finishing a Mil-Spec 1913 rail for the M4 that alleviates the problem of mounts. I believe his site is carriercomp.com. He also has full length titanium mag tubes that are of excellent workmanship.

Saginaw79
06-09-09, 09:43
Hes selling his Benelli due to hardship!:( He prolly gonna use part of it to score another 12ga, maybe a Mossberg 930 like I want

WS6
06-09-09, 13:23
Supposedly Brownells has the Ti bolt handle back in stock. Call first though. Verify that this is the same product.