PDA

View Full Version : LMT BCG gone in less than 20 minutes

aalmcc4
04-28-09, 12:14
I get my e mail from Bravo Co that LMT BCG are now available @ 11:47am today (via Backberry) Within 20 minutes, GONE! Naturally before I could get my order in.

How does that happen? 20 Minutes? Are you people sitting at the computer 24/7?

I just need a LMT BCG to complete my LMT build that I had done EXCEPT for the BCG back in October!

This is nuts.

To all of you who got one and post it up to sell it for a profit ($50 maybe??), I hope you......well, not good things.

Rant over. Geez!

rob_s
04-28-09, 12:17
At least you got the email...

markm
04-28-09, 12:18
I have 10 of them.... $250 each.... how many do you want?

JUST KIDDING! :p

brianc142
04-28-09, 12:29
I get my e mail from Bravo Co that LMT BCG are now available @ 11:47am today (via Backberry) Within 20 minutes, GONE! Naturally before I could get my order in.

How does that happen? 20 Minutes? Are you people sitting at the computer 24/7?

I just need a LMT BCG to complete my LMT build that I had done EXCEPT for the BCG back in October!

This is nuts.

To all of you who got one and post it up to sell it for a profit ($50 maybe??), I hope you......well, not good things.

Rant over. Geez!

I feel your pain brother. I did finally pick one up this week from a friend who was willing to part with one. As far as the guys buying them and selling them for a profit, well you and I agree on this one. Market dictates price, blah, blah, blah. I don't give a rip, seeing people selling MS2 slings for over $100 and stripped lowers for $250 just ticks me off, but people who pay the price gougers these ridiculous amounts anger me more than the folks selling the stuff. Rant off. Good luck in your bcg search.

C4IGrant
04-28-09, 12:41

JUST KIDDING! :p

Be careful ! You might find people at your door with pitch forks! ;)

C4

WS6
04-28-09, 12:41
Meh, I bought 2 SSA triggers. One for my Dad, and one for me. I sold mine for $225 because I am no-longer building an AR so I don't need it. It sold to a grateful owner in less than 20 minutes and I had an in-box full asking if I would sell any more. I did not plan on selling it when I bought it, but why take less than TMV for it? If you think I should take less than TMV for something, then I would like to see you sell some XM193 for $150/1K like it cost you when you ratholed it away a few years ago. Something tells me that won't happen.

brianc142
04-28-09, 13:01
WS6, little different situation there. I can't say I blame you one bit. I'm referring more to the folks buying up multiple LMT bcg's from BCM or multiple MS2 slings from Magpul and putting them for sale at ARFcom for double the retail price just because people are in a buying frenzy; this is what I'm talking about. I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death so I think I've said enough.

scotthm
04-28-09, 13:05
How does that happen? 20 Minutes? Are you people sitting at the computer 24/7?I had just sat down at my desk, saw the email, and jumped on it.

I managed to get one. Finally! :D

---------------

austinN4
04-28-09, 13:06
If you had ordered your BCG from LMT back in October you would have probably had it by now. Just sayin!

lmmmmm
04-28-09, 13:11
i wouldnt worry. BCM will have their own in the next week or two according to their own posts.

I could have taken the LMT but Im holding out for the BCM.

but, there is a real shortage of BCG's in any event.

CaptainDooley
04-28-09, 13:17
I'm with Rob - at least you guys got the email... I've located a BCG so I didn't need this one anymore, but I'm 1 for 3 on BCM emails and the one email I did get, i didn't get the product in time... They're email notification is sketchy... Between my iPhone and the fact that I am almost always in front of a computer, it should be easy for me to grab one of whatever... but it's not.

jakjakman
04-28-09, 13:21
Got the email, but I wasn't feeling the burning need for a semi BCG.

ZDL
04-28-09, 13:32

Didn't get one either. WTF?

markm
04-28-09, 13:34
Be careful ! You might find people at your door with pitch forks! ;)

C4

No kidding. Last time I joked about having 50 BCM carriers, a guy contacted me wanting to buy one!

rob_s
04-28-09, 13:38
Got the email, but I wasn't feeling the burning need for a semi BCG.

Which maybe explains things, as I wasn't on the semi email list.

CaptainDooley
04-28-09, 15:19
That does explain it... I was on the F/A mailing list... that said, I'm now 1 of 2 as far as getting emails from BCM... slightly better odds.

johnson
04-28-09, 15:23
Didn't get an email either.

Someone shouldve made a thread...

kry226
04-28-09, 16:21
Just double-tapped the email address submission...just to be sure.

frbowers
04-28-09, 16:26

No shit.

Reading further that these were S/A carriers. Not on that list.

Lonestar.45
04-28-09, 16:35
I scored one, to throw in my BCM M4 upper I was lucky enough to get a couple weeks back.

Now I can take the RRA BCG I got last week new from PK and throw it in the spare parts bin. I'd sell it, but I"m afraid I might need it one day.

mattk
04-28-09, 17:20
didn't get an email till 3:45. oh well. my fault for picking the worst time ever to try to build my first ar. at least i have some spare parts for my complete rifle

Ricardus
04-28-09, 17:27
I already have one LMT carbine and am building another.

For some reason, I bought two full auto BCGs and I just got another complete LMT lower about twenty minutes ago. :D

Now all I need is another complete upper.

It has been incredibly frustrating and I did not want to compromise on quality so I have been waiting and finally got another complete lower because there are simply no quality LPKs available to build from a stripped lower.:(

On another note, thanks to many people on this forum for great ideas and information and Rob_s and others who created the Chart. I have showed it to many people and it has been for the most part well received.

jh901
04-28-09, 18:49
really? I need a BCM FA for my 16" middy....where did you read this?

i wouldnt worry. BCM will have their own in the next week or two according to their own posts.

I could have taken the LMT but Im holding out for the BCM.

but, there is a real shortage of BCG's in any event.

cougar_guy04
04-28-09, 19:21
really? I need a BCM FA for my 16" middy....where did you read this?
Posted in Bravo Company's section on this site:

The Good:
BCM Bolt Carrier Groups are in production right now. We have been working to have enough finished for a complete batch. Should have some online in about 3-10 days.

The Bad:
There is still a massive shortage on BCGs, and its even worse from where we sit. There are only a small number of manufacturers that make bolts, and a smaller number of which who will build product specific to our POs and specifications. And product is just barely trickling in. In an effort to accelerate our ability to build groups, we are forced to separately contract some of the operations. We now bring in bolts in the white (after heat treat and then grind), having the shot peen and phosphate done locally (per our specs), then HPT/MPI, assemble and test fire. The bad news is that this raises costs. Website pricing will go to $159.95 for BCM BCG.
(LMT BCG pricing is not scheduled to change)

Thanks,
Paul

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=30145

STS
04-28-09, 19:31
Now that I have an Iphone, I was able to jump right on a new BCM midlength and a LMT BCG :D

Cagemonkey
04-28-09, 20:34

JUST KIDDING! :pIf it wasn't for Grant having BCG's in stock, I'd be tempted considering I got a Noveske on the way with no BCG.