PDA

View Full Version : how much are these worth?

rsm688
04-28-09, 19:34
Well I am going to be doing some trading for:

"i have a set of great working millitary issue gen 3 nvg's {night vision goggles} These are in good shape and work awsome. . i have head gear so you can were them without a kevlar combat helmet, extra rubber eye cups, protective lenses and some sort of compass mount that i dont know how to use. heres a link to what they are......
http://www.opticsplanet.net/atn-high-performance-night-vision-goggle-pvs7-3a.html
"

How much would you say these are worth, I have some pictures of the actual goggles? You can see that they have some use as some scratches and all. I just want to know what I should offer as far as trade value

thanks,
spencer

rsm688
04-28-09, 19:40
another post when i aquired about them:

i have the head gear but will have to find it, i also have extra parts like protective lenses, a compass that connects to the end of them somehow, and i believe some new eye cups. i have never had any problems with the goggles. i have had them for 2 years and have used them a great deal, and havent even had to replace the batteries partially due to the automatic off feature. the automatic off feature keeps you from leaving them on but is also kind of stupid b/c you have to turn them back on. they are the same goggles that are millitary issue so they are indestructable, i wont lie, i have dropped them, thrown them around and never thought twice about it. my buddy that is an ex marine said that there is no way you could be rougher on them than the soldiers were. they are water proof up to 30meters so you could drop them in the river and they would still work. they have an i.r. setting for infer red use indoors when star and moon light isnt avbl. they are powerfull enough to see through clouds to where you can see the stars. they are clear and crisp enough that you can see critters in woods with no problems, they are amazing. the pics i took were from tonight, they are so sensitive and bright that you can see shadows cast by the moon light that you normally cant see with the naked eye. it was -pitch black out when i took the pics you couldnt even see the trees. keep in mind "THESE PICS DONT DO JUSTICE FOR HOW SHARP AND BRIGHT THEY ACTUALLY ARE WHEN VIEWING THROUGH THEM YOURSELF" .they do have some scratches and nicks in the paint but they are from the hard aftermarket case i used to have for them, it was molded hard abs plastic that they fit into, it just scratched them up, i have since lost that case. i assure you these are impact, shock, and weather resistant, they are made to take a beating in battle, you will never have to worrie about breaking or damaging them and thats a great piece of mind.

rsm688
04-28-09, 19:59
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c314/rsm688/nvg_006.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c314/rsm688/nvg_011.jpg

actual unit

thanks,
spencer

TimW
04-30-09, 14:47
Does he know the resolution (line pair)?

7B's, when you can find them, seem to be going for about $2,500-$3,000, mostly due to scarcity of the tubes (at least about a year ago when i last checked pricing). The higher the line pair, the fewer flaws on the screen/tube (i.e. "dead pixels"), the higher the price.

calicojack
04-30-09, 15:52
i'd want to know the lineage on them. he's had them for two years? used them alot?

i'd check his back story, just so the .mil doesn't come knocking on your door wanting thier stolen military issued gear back.

rsm688
04-30-09, 16:31
i'd want to know the lineage on them. he's had them for two years? used them alot?

i'd check his back story, just so the .mil doesn't come knocking on your door wanting thier stolen military issued gear back.

I will find out the lineage and let yall know.

He is not military, he is a rich college kid. I'm guessing he was probably hunting at night with them :rolleyes:

-spencer-

calicojack
04-30-09, 16:46
if he's not .mil, and he's had them for two years you should be fine.

rsm688
04-30-09, 16:54
if he's not .mil, and he's had them for two years you should be fine.

Thanks, sent him a message and will update once he responds.

Anyways, he offered me the goggles +$500 for a rifle setup I have for sale on another forum for $2300, so seems like a pretty good deal for me.

-spencer-