PDA

View Full Version : Weird Colt on GB...

Razorhunter
04-30-09, 10:07
Someone recently sent me this link, upon knowing I was looking for a Colt SBR, and I quickly informed them that it was an older upper (non flat top), and it also looks like it had been totally hacked.
I've never seen anything like it, especially being sold as a "Colt SBR" without any reference to the hack job.
What do you think it had the FSB partially hacked off like that for? I dont' even see threads on the end of the bbl. I think there is mention of "pistol", but I think it's gotta be a carbine gas system. What am I missing? Heh.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=127844747#PIC

markm
04-30-09, 11:40
Wow! I wouldn't take that for free.

JackOSU
04-30-09, 11:46
I wonder what gang cut that all to hell and how many crimes it's been involved in???:rolleyes:

Saginaw79
04-30-09, 11:46
Strange...yet people are bidding anyway :confused:

FiveStar
04-30-09, 11:47
It was me! :D

Zhurdan
04-30-09, 11:48
You'd be missing out on about 10 years in prison!

No FFL required? What about SBR paperwork? That's quite possibly the scariest thing I've ever seen. Anyone buying that will probably receive a visit from Uncle Fed right afterwards. Stay away, far away.:)

Zhur

Saginaw79
04-30-09, 11:49

No FFL required? What about SBR paperwork? That's quite possibly the scariest thing I've ever seen. Anyone buying that will probably receive a visit from Uncle Fed right afterwards. Stay away, far away.:)

Zhur

Well its perfectly legal to own, but the ATF loves 'constructive intent ' charges so id stay away anyhow

markm
04-30-09, 11:51

Zhur

There's nothing illegal about it.... unless you build something illegal WITH it.

It's just retarded.

Iraqgunz
04-30-09, 11:52
WTF is that POS? Wow!

Iraqgunz
04-30-09, 11:56
It's no different from me buying a 10.5 upper from Bravo Company. Possession of the upper alone means nothing. So unless you call the local BATFE office and tell them that you a few AR's and by the way have a 10.5 upper as well nothing is going to happen. Now put that onto one of your lowers and go the local range with it and see what happens. Crap shoot.

Well its perfectly legal to own, but the ATF loves 'constructive intent ' charges so id stay away anyhow

Zhurdan
04-30-09, 11:56

That's what I'd be worried about. That plus any other AR lower, assembled or not, would never be in the same house where I lived, regardless of how ugly it is.

Zhur

FiveStar
04-30-09, 12:06
no way really? so if you had this planned for a pistol you'd get in trouble? I find that hard to believe.

Exactly:

It's no different from me buying a 10.5 upper from Bravo Company. Possession of the upper alone means nothing. So unless you call the local BATFE office and tell them that you a few AR's and by the way have a 10.5 upper as well nothing is going to happen. Now put that onto one of your lowers and go the local range with it and see what happens. Crap shoot.

markm
04-30-09, 12:08
no way really? so if you had this planned for a pistol you'd get in trouble? I find that hard to believe.

Exactly:

No. Pistols are their own separate (and gay) situation.

FiveStar
04-30-09, 12:10
rotfl! I did not know you hated pistols! somebody already has it bid up to 300 and not hit the reserve yet WTF!

CounTeR
04-30-09, 12:24
rotfl! I did not know you hated pistols! somebody already has it bid up to 300 and not hit the reserve yet WTF!

It's not the pistols, it's the multitude of hoops the ATF makes you jump trough to get one.

markm
04-30-09, 12:27
This thread is going WAY arfcom. :rolleyes:

FiveStar
04-30-09, 12:29
^^ oops
But seriously, what do you have to do to get one? Or better yet what more do you have to do other than the stuff you already have to do for a pistol? They aren't sbr's so you don't need a tax stamp right? Is it not just like getting a regular pistol? I guess not from the above post's but would like to know more...
Thanks!

Iraqgunz
04-30-09, 12:53
Do you own any NFA items? I guess not judging from your post. I'll put this in perspective for you. My 2008 tax return was more complicated than purchasing my suppressors. It's only complicated to purchase and SBR, suppressor or any other item if you make it.

It's not the pistols, it's the multitude of hoops the ATF makes you jump trough to get one.