PDA

View Full Version : 1911-A1 to Customize/ Build... (dropped for lack of interest..!!)

erh
05-01-09, 09:04
Hi all,

I want to know if anyone has interest in me posting progress pics of the following project..!?:

I have recently started again, building Custom & re-building 1911's in addition to the Custom AR's you may have seen..;

(Pic borrowed from policelink.com):
http://www.policelink.com/nfs/policelink/product_photos/0000/1012/SPRF-PX9109L_lg_max192w.jpg?1198303497

If you all are interested, I have an Old, S. A., Mil-Spec "Loaded" Model that I will build to YOUR SPECS..!
(Mine is like above w/ o a front Dovetailed Sight) if you guys post here, discuss it here, and make the specs as group decisions,
(Maybe make ONE of you guys the "Head Spokesman"?), I will build it here, posting progress Pics as we go....
I will build it according to what YOU GUYS determine to be the best way for this future Tactical 5", 1911-A1 to be..!!
(Of course all of these mentioned projects will be as time and $$$ allow..!!)
'Oh, I'll gladly accept any and all donations for this particular build..!! Lol..! ;)

PLEASE guys... 'DO let me know if there is actual interest in me doing this for you guys to see, and participate in,
or if I'm wasting my time...

Thanks allot,

Eric Howland
gunfixer@live.com

'What'chy'all think..!?!

Business_Casual
05-01-09, 09:07
No offense, but with all the jargon and distracting asides written out for the reader, I can't understand if this is an advertisement or a solicitation or what it is.

Would you be so kind as to summarize?

M_P

erh
05-01-09, 09:13
No offense, but with all the jargon and distracting asides written out for the reader, I can't understand if this is an advertisement or a solicitation or what it is.

Would you be so kind as to summarize?

M_P

I read it again and changed it up, you're right...

E!

rat31465
05-02-09, 11:49
I say just go for it and post away.

Its always interesting to see how others approach thier projects.

MarshallDodge
05-02-09, 21:27
I am interested in the build. The SA loaded is a pretty good right out of the box in my opinion. If it were my gun and I wanted to make improvements, it would get the following:

If it has a two-piece barrel, toss it, and go with a Kart or similar high quality barrel. Barrel would be fitted and throated for reliability.

The hammer, sear, disconnector, and extractor would be swapped for EGW parts. The original MIM parts are not bad in my opinion but if you really want to tune it up then tool steel can't be beat.

I am right-handed so I don't need an ambi-safety. There are valid reasons for it but I would rather have one less thing to snag. My thumb safety of choice is either Wilson or Ed Brown.

murphy j
05-02-09, 22:44
I say just go for it and post away.

I concur.

I think you should define what type of pistol you're after. For example....I have a Swenson-esque homage built on an early 90s NM frame. I was after a clean basic retro 50s to 60s custom type look that Swenson might have built and wanted it to be a bad ass shooter. Those are the parameters I set and went from there.

erh
05-16-09, 07:36
There didn't seem to be much interest, so I set this on the back burner...

Thanks to those of you that DID respond in any case;

I appreciate'cha'all,

Eric! :D