PDA

View Full Version : 9x19 in a 9x18 PA-63

four
05-01-09, 09:33
9x19 in a 9x18 PA-63 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGRtEFH7VFg)

My list of reasons this is a bad idea gets longer and longer every time I see it.

Some one told me they were considering a PA-63 because you could fire 9x19mm and 9x18.

I had to explain to them how bad firing out of battery was actually a bad thing. The fact that it will actually fire out of battery just proves how bad that gun actually is.

All things considered, I'd be surprised if that bullet actually got up to 700FPS, and the wobble must be amazing.

Marcus L.
05-01-09, 10:14
Many direct blow back fixed barrel pistols can fire out of battery since the barrel and slide remain aligned as the pistol cycles. So, you can fire a 9x19mm out of many types of 9x18mm pistols. It's dangerous and you risk being a Darwin Award.

John_Wayne777
05-01-09, 11:11
Only squares follow the rules, man. Are you gonna just do whatever the gun company tries to tell you? Those caliber stampings they put on guns? Those warning messages they put in manuals?

All lies. There is no spoon. Take the red pill, Neo.

---------------

Note: This post is sarcasm. Always obey the safety warnings found in the manuals to firearms, and never attempt to fire a cartridge not specified for the weapon you intend to use. Doing so is stupid, dangerous, and bound to end in serious injury sooner or later. While it is possible to fire 9mm luger ammunition in some 9x18 weapons, it is not a good idea. It is also possible to stick a bayonet in your rectum, but that would be an equally bad idea.

Shadow1198
05-01-09, 13:30
Time to buy some kevlar gloves and a ballistic shield. ;)

ToddG
05-02-09, 00:19
I'm sure the only reason that gun fired out of battery was because he was limp wristing it. :cool: