PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Seekins Precision ring selection

hk51pdx
05-01-09, 13:56
Hi,

I have decided to go with Seekins Precision rings and base for my new Remington 700 XCR Compact Tactical .308 rifle. I'll be using a Leupold Mark 4 scope (30mm tube and 40mm objective), and Seekins Precision's base that has 20moa built in.

For anyone using a similar set-up, what height rings do you suggest? I have an email in to Seekins Precision but have yet to get a reply, so i will try to call them later today. But i'd really appreciate having some 'real world' data to make the final decision.

Thanks!

mkemmerl
05-01-09, 14:40
I have not used Seekins rings, but I remember reading their low rings are good for up to 44mm obj when I was researching my stuff.

Seekins has a good reputation. I suspect they will respond to you pretty quickly.

hk51pdx
05-01-09, 16:59
I have not used Seekins rings, but I remember reading their low rings are good for up to 44mm obj when I was researching my stuff.

Seekins has a good reputation. I suspect they will respond to you pretty quickly.

Thanks. I spoke with Glen today and placed my order for the base and the low rings, just as you had suggested. Glen sure is a nice guy!

Now, does anyone have pictures of their rifle with Seekins bases and rings?

buggsb
05-01-09, 17:32
Good choice to go with the Seekins. Glenn is a great guy and his products are excellent. The low rings are the right height for the 40 mm scope.