PDA

View Full Version : clarification on 200yd improved BZ setup

lindertw
01-03-07, 12:26
I've read the link to the improved battle sight zero, and I'd like to give it a try with my new AR.

My rear sight bottoms out on 6/3, and uses 1/2 clicks (takes six clicks to move from 3 to 4); so I'll need to move -4 (counterclockwise) and tighten the set screw if I'm reading the improved BZ instructions properly.

Here's where I get a little turned around: When I battlesight according to TM9-1005-319-10, where do I set my rear sight - the new mechanical stop (6/3 -4 clicks), at 6/3, or at the "Z"?

What I'm thinking is:

-adjust rear sight so it's new mechanical stop is 6/3 -4 clicks
-sight in with small aperature, rear sight set down to 6/3 -4 clicks; NOT at 6/3 or clicked up to the "Z"
-shoot and adjust front elevation and rear windage as needed to center
-when centered return to 6/3 and flip to larger aperature and I'm done.

Am I on the right track? Thanks in advance for the help.

Petey
01-03-07, 14:12
Try this link.

http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/improvedbattlesightzero.msnw

lindertw
01-03-07, 18:04
Thanks for the reply Petey. I read that link, but I was just hoping for clarification on how many clicks for the 6/3 sight with 'half-clicks.' I just got back from the range, and the setup I described above worked well.

There was a distinct difference in my grouping from bench rest to standing/unsupported at 50 yards, but that'll tighten up with more range time and training ;)

BoyScout4Life
01-15-07, 15:15
I sure could have used this on last trip to range...Glad I got it printed now...:)