PDA

View Full Version : Rifle for Palin, Dick at Gunshow

jeffreywt
05-02-09, 18:18
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/23/sarah-palin-to-be-given-h_n_190802.html

So I met the guy that runs Templar Consulting. He was at the gun show in Raleigh today. His company is located in Apex, NC. He is a complete tool bag and his web site sucks.

He went on about the barrel that is on that gun for Palin and another that he had at the show. According to him it is hand made and the Army marksmanship team has used his barrels to shoot 1/2 MOA groups offhand at 600 yards. His words not mine.

He was blowing smoke up someone's ass when I inquired if his barrel was high pressure tested or magnetic particle inspected. He got really pissed at me and started to spout off about how it is hand made. I asked again, was it tested, he replied "of course it is tested, didn't you hear me say it's hand made!"

He told me the fact that the flash hider is integral to the rest of the barrel made it way better than any other barrel. He didn't like it when I said I prefer one that I can access the barrel crown for cleaning or attach a suppressor if I wanted. He got upset again and the lady that was with him started to rabble on about "If you start with superior equipment.."

I laughed and left.

mattk
05-02-09, 18:31
That paint scheme is pretty ugly. Funny thing is that some people will believe every word he says because he got a little press for presenting his "superior" product to Gov. Palin. :rolleyes:

Hootbro
05-02-09, 19:56
That paint scheme is pretty ugly. Funny thing is that some people will believe every word he says because he got a little press for presenting his "superior" product to Gov. Palin. :rolleyes:

It is ugly!

The Dumb Gun Collector
05-02-09, 20:46
Well, either way, I am glad he is honoring a great friend of gun rights.

Smuckatelli
05-02-09, 20:46
It is ugly!

But it's free;)

Darkop
05-02-09, 21:59
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/23/sarah-palin-to-be-given-h_n_190802.html

So I met the guy that runs Templar Consulting. He was at the gun show in Raleigh today. His company is located in Apex, NC. He is a complete tool bag and his web site sucks.

He went on about the barrel that is on that gun for Palin and another that he had at the show. According to him it is hand made and the Army marksmanship team has used his barrels to shoot 1/2 MOA groups offhand at 600 yards. His words not mine.

He was blowing smoke up someone's ass when I inquired if his barrel was high pressure tested or magnetic particle inspected. He got really pissed at me and started to spout off about how it is hand made. I asked again, was it tested, he replied "of course it is tested, didn't you hear me say it's hand made!"

He told me the fact that the flash hider is integral to the rest of the barrel made it way better than any other barrel. He didn't like it when I said I prefer one that I can access the barrel crown for cleaning or attach a suppressor if I wanted. He got upset again and the lady that was with him started to rabble on about "If you start with superior equipment.."

I laughed and left.

As an Alaskan, I would call that an every day AR-15. Nothing special there. I'm sure Sarah and Todd would be happy to have it. And yes I hope it used to take out a few wolves from an aircraft.

" WOLVES, SMOKE A PACK A DAY!!"

Until that day,
Darkop

mattk
05-02-09, 22:11
Well, either way, I am glad he is honoring a great friend of gun rights.

That's a good point. It was a very nice gesture. Smuckatelli has a vey good point too. I'd take it if it was free. Repaint that bad boy and your good to go.:D

Dunderway
05-02-09, 22:52
I thought it looked pretty good in American Rifleman; all white with the AK outline in the stock. I can't speak about the quality of the rifle however.

boltcatch
05-03-09, 01:16
Man, the comments in there are a train wreck.

They're actually arguing about children making "gun" gestures with their thumb and forefingers; apparently some idiot got all butthurt because he's "trying to teach children that it is not appropriate to make gun gestures with their fingers", yet we're being counterproductive or something by honoring the governor with a firearm.

Seriously. And the commenter is obviously an educator, which is the screwed up part.

When some lone voice of (relative) sanity calls them on it, they say it's wrong because we're presenting "violence as a tool for solving problems".

I'm pretty sure that jackass has never had to deal with a BEAR. I am really, seriously starting to develop a loathing for useless people.

bobbo
05-03-09, 07:27
I have a name for the type of people who read and post at the huffington post and affiliated liberal media outlets, but it's not suitable for polite company... The comments I read were typical ignorant petty liberal bs. As for the rifle, I thought it was a nice gesture, and it'll probably sit in a display case somewhere after it's photo op. (I'm hoping for a re-creation of the bikini pic that was photoshopped and spread around the internet during the campaign last year!) :D

OldNavyGuy
05-03-09, 08:09
is this what is being discussed ?

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2009-04-23-Picture6.png

nice looking carbine, i would be damn proud to own IT or one exactly like IT regardless of who made it from proven quality parts :D

I am really, seriously starting to develop a loathing for useless people.

looks like one helluva good tag line, do you mind if i use it ?

jeffreywt
05-03-09, 10:17
Setting aside the gifted rifle which I think is a noble gesture for sure. My complaint is due to the way the guy acted at the gun show and his outlandish claims of accuracy.

Sorry about my link, I know that news page is garbage, I just pulled something out of Google to reference the rifle in question. I first saw it in my copy of A1F that is sitting on my bathroom floor. :)

mattk
05-03-09, 11:56
I love how the people that seem to be affiliated with that sight are so vocal about their hatred for firearms yet there is an ad for airsoft guns right at the top of the page.

liz76
05-06-09, 03:32
Jeffery,
It is really sad how perceptions can allow otherwise intelligent people to say something as stupid as what you said in your original post. I was the woman standing next to Bob at the gun show that you are referring to and while you were talking to Bob and asking him questions he was infact talking to a different customer and you were butting into someone else's conversation. Bob knows his stuff and would not make such bizzaar claim about a modified pistol caliber. Only a know-it-all blowhard would assume that and walk off without confirmation of such a claim. I would say the only "spouting off" was done here, by you. There is obviously some confusion over which rifle was being discussed. If you want to talk to him about the rifle that he was referring to, which was certainly not the Palin Rifle, Im sure he will help answer your questions. And for the record, I don't work for, or with Bob. I am a happy customer and proud owner of one of his custom 6.5 Grendel AR15 rifles. He has done right by me and every other customer of his, that I have met thus far. Get your facts straight before you smear an upstanding craftsman and businessman like Bob Reynolds.
Sincerely,
Liz