PDA

View Full Version : Practice Gun

Dunderway
05-03-09, 19:09
Thanks to finding this site and Tacticalyellowvisor, I just completed a very nice BCM middie and am well on my way to completing an LMT M4. I do however still have a Del-Ton middie kit on order.
I know the general opinion of these rifles, but would it be viable to keep this gun and use if for home practice? It is in a familiar configuration and will only total out to about $600 complete. Would it not make sense to use this for Wolf based home practice/drills and keep some wear off of my BCM for HD and future carbine courses? I suppose that for the same price I could build another complete BCM upper and keep it for future use, so I hope I'm not answering my own question.
Does anyone else keep a cheap gun (DPMS etc.) for chewing up Wolf and backyard practice to supplement their more serious HD/pro course gun?

Thanks!

Jay Cunningham
05-03-09, 19:45
Does anyone else keep a cheap gun (DPMS etc.) for chewing up Wolf and backyard practice to supplement their more serious HD/pro course gun?

Yes, I have an S&W 5.45mm upper on a Sabre lower and I use it for practice. It closely mimics my LE6920 (which I consider my "go-to" gun) in essential configuration.

Dunderway
05-03-09, 20:14
Your scenario makes even more sense than mine, since you have the benefit of cheaper ammo. I'm mainly concerned about gun wear, with the thought that my BCM(s) could possbly be the last high quality carbine(s) I could buy - ever.

Thanks