PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about selling my XD .45

c0b2a
05-04-09, 16:21
I am thinking about selling my XD .45 and all its weapon specific kit, and putting the money toward my LWRC m6a2. (which is on order but not fully paid off yet)

I have a Glock 19 that I use as my daily carry and normally the xd stays home with the lady for home defense. I would like to eventually get a HK .45... but funds these days are running pretty tight.

So my question is I guess; would you all sell if you were in my position.. or hold out, buckle down and pinch penny's.

I figure I can get about $650.00 for the XD and the kit.

Haji
05-05-09, 14:01
If I had an XD, I wouldn't be able to sell it fast enough. Either put it towards the carbine or pick up a good used Glock. Too much downside to the XD: crazy long grip frame, four and a half foot tall slide, and hideous aesthetics. Additionally, if you reverse the "XD", you get "DX". Just sayin'.:D

Kimbo
05-05-09, 14:05
Additionally, if you reverse the "XD", you get "DX". Just sayin'.:D

HAHAHA :cool:

DM-SC
05-05-09, 14:56
I did exactly that a couple of months ago. There wasn't anything wrong with my XD45. I just never really warmed to it like I have with my other firearms.

I still haven't decided what I'll be spending the money on... :confused:

Palmguy
05-05-09, 15:30
A second G19 wouldn't be a bad idea and shouldn't eat up all of the XD money either.

larry0071
05-05-09, 17:21
Is the .45 version priced more than the 9mm version? There is a local place here with a bunch of XD9 and XD9M pistols and they are $545 for the regular and something near $100 extra for the m factor pistols and the OD colored one.

Just based on that, $650 sounds high, but maybe there is a premium on the .45 caliber version?

ralph
05-05-09, 18:24
I also had a XD45...Sold it and went to a M&P45 Much better pistol..Much, much better ergo's. I also have 2 HK's a P-2000 and a USP both 9mm's both with LEM trigger, I'm impressed with both..either one is very accurate. I would'nt mind a HK45 myself, but like you, I don't have the funds..Why not give the M&P45 a look?? these are very,very, accurate pistols, price wise, they're about the same as a XD...And they're made in the U.S.A. S&W's warranty service is excellant, lifetime, like S.A. from what I've read, (My M&P has been flawless with about 1000 rnds through it so, I haven't needed S&W's CS) Seriously, Give the M&P a look.. Granted they're not a HK, But there's nothing wrong with them either, very well built for the money, accuracy wise they're no slouch.. as a added plus you can shoot cast lead bullets through them you can't (ok, should'nt) with a Glock or Hk because of the polygonal bore, and possible build up of lead, and frequent cleaning needed to keep lead from building up

c0b2a
05-05-09, 20:13
Already sold :D ... got the 650 I was looking for. For right now the money is going toward the m6a2... I think I am going to hold out and get a HK45 when funds become available.

Abraxas
05-05-09, 20:19
Already sold :D ... got the 650 I was looking for. For right now the money is going toward the m6a2... I think I am going to hold out and get a HK45 when funds become available.

Good for you bro

CobraBG
05-06-09, 21:26
You got a good price. I was looking at a .45 ACP XD at Cabelas today. It was the 4" barrel, full grip, 13 rnd mag with the full kit... 2 extra mags, case and holster $569 new.

I'm just not sure I want one. I've always liked my 1911's and my Glock 30. :D