PDA

View Full Version : Followup to my thread about the cruddy SW 1911 I got...

SuicideHz
01-03-07, 20:38
Well, today after 6 or more weeks and over 14 calls to Smith and Wesson, I will be getting my money back.

Here's the original thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=2190

Last night I called and spoke with Dave (for the 9th time) and said "You have had my gun for 6 weeks." Gave him the info. He says "yeah, we've had that one too long..." Same thing he's said the last 8 times I've called.

Told him a few of the problems again and said "you know what, I don't want to complain to you anymore. I have spoken with you before and noone is doing any work. Do you have someone I can talk with about getting my money back?"

He offered to put me to his supervisor's voicemail. I left Kate a message and told her I was very unhappy and I think at this point I just want a full refund.

She called me today. She said she had the gun in front of her and said "yeah, we've had it for way too long." I said "yeah, that's what Dave said the last 7 or 8 times."

She said at this point they won't fix all of my complaints. I asked which they would have addressed. She said "the list is too long. I can't read through it now." WTF?!?!

I said "Well, had you gotten to it, what would you have fixed?" She said they would have fixed the wear on the frame from the slide stop. I said I was surprised they wouldn't have called that normal wear and tear. She said no, it isn't right. I asked about the ridiculously loose trigger and she said maybe. I then asked about the uneven frontstrap serrations and she said "probably not." I asked about the gouges int the barrel lugs and she said "probably not." I would take that to mean I would have gotten a new barrel- no "fixing involved."

She said she thinks at this point it would be best to refund my money. She asked how I purchased it. I told her I ordered it through my dealer. She said that wasn't a good way to purchase a pistol because I wouldn't be able to examine it first...

I asked her a few more questions. She had already contacted the higher ups and they told her to refund my money but she took the opportunity to be a B#$%^ for a few minutes.

She said she'd refund my money and needed a receipt. I told her it was actually tucked in the top compartment. She said "no, there's no receipt in here." I said "yeah there is." Well, it only took her that 2 seconds to actually look and find it. It was there. It just said "paid in full." She told me that and I said "I was afraid that's all it said." She said, and get this "I'LL WRITE DOWN $500." and I can't tell if it was a funny joke or not. It was NOT the time to joke after the BITCHINESS I got from her and she said nothing but that. No giggle or "sorry, couldn't help it."

I told her it was $775 out the door, taxes included. She said they'd get me a check in 2 weeks.

What a load of SHIT.

She said "In the mean time, I'd suggest when you buy your next SW, you handle it before purchasing." Guess what I told her?

You got it. I told her "Don't worry Kate. I will NEVER buy another Smith and Wesson gun again. I thought about a 9mm M&P and was looking forward to the M&P45 but will buy an HK45 instead." I also told her "I bought a SA recently, sight unseen and cannot be any happier with it. SW and I will never do business again."

I'm not exaggerating or making anything up.

Does anyone have any contact info for higher-ups at SW?

I think some more people need to know how she chose to treat this last conversation. Obviously SW decided to refund my money, but I'm sure her boss did not want her opening her pie hole like she did.

madryan
01-03-07, 23:59
To be honest with you I doubt anyone at S&W honestly gives a damn. They just had to see if you were going to go away and when you didn't it became a better deal for them to just pay you back and get you out of their hair. If you're calling them once a week then eventually it becomes cheaper to just refund your money.

Glockster35
01-04-07, 07:07
Does Ernest Langdon still work at S&W? I bet he would love to hear about your problems!

I know for a time he was doign something in the LE department.

SuicideHz
04-01-07, 13:27
DrMark pointed out this thread on TOS.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=16&t=40927

Just cut and paste. I don't like hot-linking to that place but my desire to let people know about S&Ws trash is greater at this point and that's the reason I've revived this and linked to TOS.

These people they speak of-

<Edited for offensive language - M4arc>

I think they all sit around that place clipping their toenails or something. They sure as hell ain't fixing guns.

I'm thinking they have some righteout attitude about S&W and the first thing they do when someone wants something fixed is treat it like they've been insulted and throw the firearms off to the side thinking no S&W needs to be "fixed." That's the way it seems anyway.

M4arc
04-14-07, 21:04
SuicideHz - Sorry it took me so long to move this back, I've been extremely busy lately and it slipped through the cracks.

I did clean up a couple sentences and marked it as such. I understand your frustration but please keep it clean.

SuicideHz
04-15-07, 01:04
Doesn't bother me if it has to be edited.

Just so everyone knows- first names were removed.

The names that were removed will be the same names you hear from the people that answer the phone and will promise that your pistol will be fixed. The third name is of their supervisor who cares just as little about you as a customer and the turd they put out...

graffex
04-15-07, 17:50
The names that were removed will be the same names you hear from the people that answer the phone and will promise that your pistol will be fixed. The third name is of their supervisor who cares just as little about you as a customer and the turd they put out...

That right there is funny :D

SuicideHz
04-15-07, 17:55
Hey, I'm just telling the truth. ;)