PDA

View Full Version : Going Phishin'

K.L. Davis
01-04-07, 01:03
I know that none of us real gun types use PayPal, but if you do, I just got a phishing scam that is pretty dog gone good really...

this is what is looks like:

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5141/phishingwithpaypalrf6.png

If you got it, and you did what it says... well, you don't have to worry about not being able to buy gun stuff with your paypal account, cause it be empty now :eek:

BravoCompanyUSA
01-04-07, 09:06
I am not sure if it because we have a published email address, but we get a minimum of 1 Paypal email scam per day. (also; Wells Fargo, West Bend Mutual, Bank of America, Amazon.com, Community Choice Credit Union, Verizon, ebay, Chase, Nigerian scam, etc....)
The Paypal ones look so perfect, there is no sure way to tell if it is real or not, so I just delete 100% of them.
The rep at Paypal said, if they sent us an email it would be addressed to us - not to "Paypal Member". I still won't take any chances.

Obiwan
01-04-07, 13:44
The best one I have seen (twice) was the message from the bank that I don't have any accounts at!

Best of luck with that one

K.L. Davis
01-04-07, 14:27
The best one I have seen (twice) was the message from the bank that I don't have any accounts at!

Best of luck with that one

What we see a lot at work, is scams that are based around the Impac or better yet the GT cards, because they know everyone has one of those... they have set the vendor restrictions on the GT cards so tight now though, that it is getting tough to use them at a lot of places.

baffle Stack
01-04-07, 19:22
Thanks for the heads up KL.

Bushytale
01-05-07, 01:26
This stuff is running rampant and does look very much like the real deal. One of the best ways to avoid getting caught by them is #1 do not log in using the provided address #2 go directly to the known access for whichever company they are claiming to be, check your account and report the fake immediately. Paypal has a big problem with fraud.

:mad: :eek: Billy

Thanks KL for posting about this problem.

JLM
01-05-07, 02:25
I've seen the exact same shit. Traced the IP address and it went nowhere near PayPal so I knew it was a fraud.