PDA

View Full Version : Anything I should know about the 21sf

Roy
05-05-09, 16:05
Work allows me to carry any 9mm,40,or45 GLOCK pistol
I am currently carrying a 22 with a surefire x300 on it.
I just went and reshot the 21sf today and think I am sold. I can shoot it better than my 22 and recoil is less.

any concerns reference the 21 SF i should be aware of before I go plop down the coin for a new weapon/holster/mag pouches/ off duty mag pouches / off duty holster

ect

Thanks

seang
05-05-09, 16:08
There was a problem a year or two ago with the 21, but that was with the trigger bar, I believe. I think that was before the 21SF came out. I haven't heard of any problems with the 21SF, you should be good to go.

bkb0000
05-05-09, 16:20
i havent gotten to shoot one yet, but the ones i've molested at the gun shop have my credit card trembling. i cant believe they didnt do the SF line years ago.

Kimbo
05-05-09, 16:39
Work allows me to carry any 9mm,40,or45 GLOCK pistol
I am currently carrying a 22 with a surefire x300 on it.
I just went and reshot the 21sf today and think I am sold. I can shoot it better than my 22 and recoil is less.

any concerns reference the 21 SF i should be aware of before I go plop down the coin for a new weapon/holster/mag pouches/ off duty mag pouches / off duty holster

ect

Thanks

Just be aware if you get the 21SF with the pic rail you will have to get a different holster than the standard 21 holster. The pic rail in my opinion looks better, I have one and I have a comp-tac holster. :cool:

Roy
05-05-09, 16:47
I work PT at a shop too and I have a standard Rail / Night Sight/ single side release sitting in the safe waiting for me... :D

I just wish Glock would be smart enough to make a SF/SS Slim frame Slim SLide

Sirspeedy
05-05-09, 16:49
I have one with standard Glock rail and standard mag catch. Great weapon.

dsg2003gt
05-05-09, 19:22
I had one of the first ones, it had an 8lb trigger. Buy a new production one and you wont have any problems.

There was a problem a year or two ago with the 21, but that was with the trigger bar, I believe. I think that was before the 21SF came out. I haven't heard of any problems with the 21SF, you should be good to go.

Razorhunter
05-05-09, 19:54
I swear I am still totally mystified as to why Glock won't make a .45 smaller than the 21/21SF, but larger than those puny little 30/36's. ??
WHY? I know they would sell like hotcakes.

For years I've wanted a Glock .45ACP, but the damn 21/21SF feels like a beer can in my hand...
That is probably the SOLE reason I'm going with an M&P45. I have the flemsy M&P trigger, but it does work, and I've seen nothing but good reviews.
I did pick up a new 4th Generation Glock .40 cal (G22 maybe it was?), with the new slide serrations, and the new grip texture, and it felt comfortable "enough", and IF it had not been a 40cal, I'd have been all over it.
What do you guys recommend, and is anyone else in my place too?
I can't believe there has not been more of an outcry from people for a Glock 45 in this size.
The ONLY other option I know of would be to take the G30/36 (whichever is the single stack model), and use those damn "extended magazine/grip extensions", but I just can't bring myself to do that. Just seems like too much of a backup gun to me, and I never could get comfortable with it as a primary weapon, and I've always wanted a Glock in 45ACP as a primary weapon...
Thoughts? Info? Shared disappointment? :cool:

Slater
05-05-09, 21:15
Maybe there's some mechanical/engineering reason why a .45 caliber Glock has to be that size. I would imagine that it does soak up recoil to some extent.

Aggunner
05-05-09, 22:17
I've seen two where the match catch fell out. It was a 2 minute fix, but it was the same with both, the internal catch wasn't installed properly and after a few manipulations, it fell out.

theJanitor
05-05-09, 22:21
I swear I am still totally mystified as to why Glock won't make a .45 smaller than the 21/21SF, but larger than those puny little 30/36's. ??

For years I've wanted a Glock .45ACP, but the damn 21/21SF feels like a beer can in my hand...
That is probably the SOLE reason I'm going with an M&P45. I have the flemsy M&P trigger, but it does work, and I've seen nothing but good reviews.
I did pick up a new 4th Generation Glock .40 cal (G22 maybe it was?), with the new slide serrations, and the new grip texture, and it felt comfortable "enough", and IF it had not been a 40cal, I'd have been all over it.
What do you guys recommend, and is anyone else in my place too?
I can't believe there has not been more of an outcry from people for a Glock 45 in this size.
The ONLY other option I know of would be to take the G30/36 (whichever is the single stack model), and use those damn "extended magazine/grip extensions", but I just can't bring myself to do that. Just seems like too much of a backup gun to me, and I never could get comfortable with it as a primary weapon, and I've always wanted a Glock in 45ACP as a primary weapon...
Thoughts? Info? Shared disappointment? :cool:

probably because most of us that use the 45 are accustomed to a large pistol. if we're gonna use a smaller glock, with less ammo capacity, then i might as well use a 9mm and get some capacity back. i don't think i'd get a middie .45, myself

ThirdWatcher
05-06-09, 17:10
.For years I've wanted a Glock .45ACP, but the damn 21/21SF feels like a beer can in my hand...

I think you nailed it... now I know why my G21 felt so good in my hand from the moment I first picked it up!:D

Heavy Metal
05-06-09, 19:17

Because Glock wants you to join them at teh GAP!!!

.45 GAP to be precise!

TAZ
05-07-09, 21:45
I bought one of the first ones to hit the shelves around here and aside from one thing it was awesome. The trigger as at 8#+++++. My second one had that issue fixed, so thoroughly check the trigger on the unit youre buying. As has been pointed out the Pic railed version will NOT fit any standard holsters, so youre going to have to hunt and peck some more to find one. Also, if youre into extended mag releases and such, if you go with the ambi version I dont think anyone makes aftermarket mag releases yet. Both of mine have been great shooters and Glock reliable.

tmzphoto
05-11-09, 18:26
I'm a 1911 shooter, but I bought a 21SF and I have to admit that I've become very fond of it. I've replaced the entire fire control system, and I'm quite pleased with the results.

No, the trigger and ergonomics will never feel as good a 1911 to me, but as a never fail, always ready pistol with five more rounds than a 1911, I sleep a little better with it in the nightstand.

Kimbo
05-11-09, 18:45
I was always a compact pistol guy myself. Started on a Glock 19, then a HK Compact USP, then a HK45C, and then I decided to get a 21SF. Now I'm on a 1911 kick. Something about a fullsize is more assuring than a compact in my eyes for some reason now... I really do love my 21SF, probably my favorite pistol right now. That is until my Springfield Pro comes in...Damn that SA Custom shop. I hate waiting :D

JonInWA
05-11-09, 19:13
I have medium-sized hands. I also have a "regular frame" (non-SF) G21- current generation, with finger grooves and the light rail. While it's certainly larger, and has more girth than the the recievers on my G17, G34 and G19, the interesting thing to me is that I really don't have any issues in indexing to the G21. It instinctively draws and points quite naturally for/with me (as do, in all honesty, my other Glocks).

While I think that Glock certainly has a hithero untapped market niche for a full-sized single stack .45 ACP Glock, they're doing just fine with their G21, G21 SF, G30, G30 SF, and G36 model selections. And, as mentioned, there's the GAP G37, G38, and G39 alternatives...

I suspect that the odds are greater in us seeing a RTF version of the .45 ACP Glocks before we'd see a single stack full-size Glock. I'd certainly be amenable to the RTF option for the large-frame Glocks.

Best, Jon

Roy
05-15-09, 14:38
36 would be a viable option for an offduty gun but i have yet to find one that runs

KIMBO-- If it helps any I LOVE MY PRO

xray 99
05-15-09, 17:03
I installed Heinie Straight Eights on my 21SF and it is very accurate. It also a very easy gun to control - recoil is minimal. I find it far more pleasant to shoot than a .40 Glock.

My dream Glock is a G37 in .45 ACP.

Roy
06-18-09, 11:44
OK.....

I got it, Got the 21SF, Standard Rail, Nightsights, Standard mag release
8Mags, an a Bladetec IWB rig..

DRUM ROLLLLL

for $475
think i did pretty good

Been shooting it and i love it..

waiting on my duty rig and mag pouch to come in now.

Looey
06-18-09, 15:41
OK.....

I got it, Got the 21SF, Standard Rail, Nightsights, Standard mag release
8Mags, an a Bladetec IWB rig..

DRUM ROLLLLL

for $475
think i did pretty good

Been shooting it and i love it..

waiting on my duty rig and mag pouch to come in now.

Very nice grab, I like the G21sf.
very nice shooter.

matthewdanger
06-18-09, 16:47
I have medium-sized hands. I also have a "regular frame" (non-SF) G21- current generation, with finger grooves and the light rail. While it's certainly larger, and has more girth than the the recievers on my G17, G34 and G19, the interesting thing to me is that I really don't have any issues in indexing to the G21. It instinctively draws and points quite naturally for/with me (as do, in all honesty, my other Glocks).

While I think that Glock certainly has a hithero untapped market niche for a full-sized single stack .45 ACP Glock, they're doing just fine with their G21, G21 SF, G30, G30 SF, and G36 model selections. And, as mentioned, there's the GAP G37, G38, and G39 alternatives...

I suspect that the odds are greater in us seeing a RTF version of the .45 ACP Glocks before we'd see a single stack full-size Glock. I'd certainly be amenable to the RTF option for the large-frame Glocks.

Best, Jon

Amen. I often hear people talk about how HUGE the G21 feels, but I also have just medium hands and it feels fine. In fact, with a good a thumbs forward grip it feels great and shoots great. With the broad back strap and wide sides you can get so much contact between the frame and your hands. It makes for a very controllable weapon.

I have a 3rd Gen G21 and a G21SF and I really don't have a preference between the two.

loupav
06-19-09, 01:11
I say go for a G21SF with the Glock rail. You'd be stepping up to a .45 and lost of holsters for that gun with or without a X300.

I have a G21SF, it serves as my office gun, also with an X300.

bkb0000
06-19-09, 01:27
I was always a compact pistol guy myself. Started on a Glock 19, then a HK Compact USP, then a HK45C, and then I decided to get a 21SF. Now I'm on a 1911 kick. Something about a fullsize is more assuring than a compact in my eyes for some reason now... I really do love my 21SF, probably my favorite pistol right now. That is until my Springfield Pro comes in...Damn that SA Custom shop. I hate waiting :D

i went from large frame .45s to a .38 j-frame... the more i shoot that thing, the less i like having it on my hip. and i think i'd rather clear a house with a big stick and some ninja throwing stars. tiny little gun with 5 hard-to-aim shots and a reload that's probably never going to happen. ack.

picked up a glock 17 and a holster.. i'm never going "compact" again.

dojpros
06-19-09, 11:23
You did great price wise. I dont think you will ever lose money on that deal even if you added shipping and sold it to me... I 'm just sayin:)

MSP "Sarge"
06-19-09, 16:30
I have the 21sf with N/S and Glock Rail. I know it's big but I like it. Carry it off duty. Used a S&W 9mm in a off duty situation once. Three good hits and all it did was slow him down. Still climbed a fence and tried to get away. I think the .45 would have put an end to it faster.