PDA

View Full Version : comp/brake recommendations for .308

LDM
05-06-09, 08:17
This is a bit of a spin-off of a thread about compensators, flash hiders, and brakes from the AR Technical section.

I have a new DSA FAL Tactical carbine with an A-2 birdcage. Recoil is very manageable given proper adjustment of the gas system, but curious about tweaking things for even less recoil.

I'd be curious as to other folks experience with comps and brakes on .308 rifles.

In particular the trade off between recoil reduction to noise increase. Obviously there is "no free lunch". But with maximum recoil reduction with high decibels at one end of the spectrum, and minimal recoil reduction at lower relative decibels at the other end of the spectrum, is there a muzzle device that someone has used that strikes a good balance?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Buck
05-06-09, 11:13
The Surefire 7.62 flash hider / break that also lets you attach the surefire 7.62 supressor...

B

Jeremy
05-06-09, 13:08
I run the FSC 30 on my DPMS .308 and am very pleased with it. Prone off a bipod, it lets me stay on target and see hots on steel out to 250 yards. Recoil is reduced as well. Noise behind the gun doesn't seem any worse than without it. If you are in its "cone" it is a little rough, but it seems that there is a pretty narrow window on each side that blasts someone.

I don't know if they make one threaded for an FAL, though.