PDA

View Full Version : Help with flash lights.

kbrdann
05-06-09, 17:28
I am looking for a good hand held light. I was looking at the Surefire UA2Optimus. I found out from Surefire that light wont be avalible untill the end of the year maybe. I work for a county detention center. I want bright light with the strobe. I carry a Surefire C2 now and it has been with me threw thick and thin. I really want the strobe. lapolicegear has a blackhawk (i know dirty word) optimus,funny how the names are the same. I'm not sure i trust Blackhawk stuff. Anyinfo would be great.

billybronco
05-06-09, 17:58
a strobe feature is cool and all; however, unless you're in law enforcement or military, it's kind of a "mall ninja" feature. don't get me wrong, i've seen how effective it can be and it's severely disorienting.

to be honest, after buying my E1B Backup, I see no need for another at the present time.

The LED Defender on it's max output spits out 120 lumens. That's presently the only other torch i've got my eye on.

kbrdann
05-06-09, 18:46
I'm a corrections officer and that strobe will do wonders for me.

Kimbo
05-06-09, 19:38
Check out Fenix flashlights, I used the P3D model as a EOF tool when riding in Convoys at night. Nothing like strobing dumb drivers in Iraq when a Military Convoy is rolling through..

Vic303
05-14-09, 10:04
The Gladius light is an option too.

CLHC
05-14-09, 11:40
One can also try checking out:

Jetbeam and/or NovaTac

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

mkemmerl
05-14-09, 11:55
The Olight M20 Warrior Premium has had my attention lately. It maxes out at 250 lumens, has a strobe and multiple brightness levels. I'd be curious how your department's lawyers would feel about the crenelated bezel.

I have an Olight T-20 (~205 lumens) and it is significantly brighter than my older SureFire 6p. The quality seems very good - the anodizing is good, threads are clean of burrs and the electrical connections seem well done. I have not abused my T-20 much, so I can not say how well it holds up to sustained punishment.

I'm debating on whether or not I need a strobe or the multiple levels, so the EagleTac T10C2 and P10C2 are my next pics. At 295 lumens and $30 less either seems like a good option. I do not own either, but they get good reviews and have the features I want.

FWIW - I believe both are made in China.

Jimdo
05-21-09, 20:20
The Olights are fantastic lights for the money, truly hard to beat.
As to the striking bezel on the M20 warrior, you can take that off if the department didn't want you to have it.
The only downfall, in my opinion, is the user interface of the Olight series of lights. It is close to a two handed operation, whereas other lights that are multi mode / multi brightness levels can be operated in a single handed fashion.