PDA

View Full Version : So I just bought an X3....

DM1975
06-27-06, 06:55
Hard Anodized Pentagon Light and was wondering what you all thought would be a good mount for it? I am mounting it on my new varment rifle rig so when I go home to Texas I can do a little night time varment hunting without having to carry a spotlight.

I thouth about the Vltor CK mount but wanted others opinions as well. My requierments for the mount is that it has to be tough and durable, and streamlined as possible, no bulky mounts.

All my other lights are dedicated weaponslights so I have no experience with any light mounting equipment other than the standard surefire thumbscrews and arms lever mounts.

M4arc
06-27-06, 07:13
Hard Anodized Pentagon Light and was wondering what you all thought would be a good mount for it? I am mounting it on my new varment rifle rig so when I go home to Texas I can do a little night time varment hunting without having to carry a spotlight.

I thouth about the Vltor CK mount but wanted others opinions as well. My requierments for the mount is that it has to be tough and durable, and streamlined as possible, no bulky mounts.

All my other lights are dedicated weaponslights so I have no experience with any light mounting equipment other than the standard surefire thumbscrews and arms lever mounts.

You just described the Vltor mount! Simple, tough, durable, non-bulky and about as low-profile as you can get.

DM1975
06-27-06, 07:20
Thats what I was thinking. I just wanted to get some more opinions before I bought it. Now this might be a stupid question here, but since I got the 9V model should I get two mounts instead of one or will one be just fine for holding that light on the rifle? Bear in mind I am rough on my rifles.

M4arc
06-27-06, 07:26
I think you'll be fine with just one mount, they are tough little buggers!

I've seen plenty of 9v run in classes and I can never remember seeing one with two mounts. Where do you plan on mounting it? 6 o'clock, 3, 9?

DM1975
06-27-06, 07:31
9 o'clock... I have the TC2 cap on it and thats where I keep my surefire mounted on my other rifle with the X series cap... It is the easiest position for me to access with my thumb.

DM1975
06-28-06, 09:53
So are these decent flashlights? I used to have a surefire M961 and liked it alot. I have a surefire M951 and an M900 right now on my other two rifles and like them as well... Does the Pentagon Lights have the same level of performance?

DM1975
06-30-06, 17:37
Well I guess I get to answer it myself :) Just got it today and so far I am impressed...

Sam
06-30-06, 18:34
I've put a couple hundred rounds through my RRA with the Pentagon X3 attached via Weaver scope ring. So far it's holding up. I got the touch pad switch. The light appeared to put out the same amount of light and beam pattern an a 2 cell Surefire light.

Saint
06-30-06, 18:35
What size handguards are you using?

If you have a 7" handguard do you think that the X3 is too big?

I have a 7" handguard and I am wondering whether to buy the X2 or X3.

DM1975
06-30-06, 18:56
I dont know if it is just the batteries dieing in my surefire or what but the X3 is alot brighter than my 951. I like it, it ia even somewhat brighter than my M900, plus it gives a rounder spot, not so oblonged.

Lancelot
07-03-06, 13:05
I have an X3HA and really like it.

I have mounted it in

One 1" ring
Two 1" rings
Viking Tactics Mount
LaRue 606

I have tried it everplace I can mount it. I ended up leaving it in the LT 606 mounted on the three-o-clock rail. I like the nine-o-clock better. So if and when the LT non-offset mount makes it out, I may try that one.

DM1975
07-04-06, 11:27
I think I will try the Vltor for now... It will still be a while before I mount it anyway as I have yet to finish the rifle it will be mounted to....