PDA

View Full Version : SLR doing 2 roung busts

m4fun
05-07-09, 20:52
OK want to keep my NFA stuff legal!

Went down the path of adding a Tapco trigger kit in an SLR106(Arsenal 5.56 AK) and trying a light squeeze for an accurate bench shot and can make the sucker burst. The Arsenal trigger was crap, and have done the Tapco swap in my other AKs.

Any suggestions on a fix or just go back to the crap trigger?

Kimbo
05-07-09, 22:51
Becareful, if you are not a manufacturer the ATF would frown on this burst gun. I'm sure it was completely unintentional to make your weapon shoot burst but the ATF doesn't care. Good luck I hope you fix it with little to no heartache :cool:

m4fun
05-07-09, 23:31
Thanks - already back to the original crap config. the G2 trigger, disconnector, hammer all look good. Oh well. Not my sniper rifle anyway.

Archetype
05-08-09, 09:31
Are you sure it wasn't just an unintentional bumpfire?

Zhurdan
05-08-09, 09:49
Are you sure it wasn't just an unintentional bumpfire?

Ditto this! I've had what I thought was a slam fire when shooting an AK off a bench. I was very carefully, slowly pulling the trigger, trying to feel the break of the trigger and the recoil was enough as I wasn't focused on a proper hold and BANG BANG. I've been able to replicate it on purpose from the shoulder by holding the weapon out away from the shoulder with the off hand and pulling it outwards against my trigger finger. There's a guy on Youtube that does it with repeatability. I think his vids are posted under "The Poormans Machine Gun". (I'd look, but no youtube at work, dangit). I'm betting it was a bump, but better safe than sorry.

Zhur

joffe
05-08-09, 11:53
If you're certain it's actually bursting and not just bump fire.. Put the old one back in ASAP.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=olofson+case&btnG=Google+Search&aq=1&oq=olofson+&fp=0_TDBcSQxa0

These people don't care one way or the other, intentional or unintentional - they just want another notch in their badge.

Mr.Goodtimes
05-08-09, 11:53
i saw that guy doin the bumpfire thing with the rubber band, that was awesome! lol

Jay Cunningham
05-08-09, 12:54
Moved to NFA forum.

m4fun
05-08-09, 15:35
I got the old parts back in the rifle - long crappy pull, yea.

I too was getting this, firing from a solid position, a bench with sandbag rest, rifle butt pulled all the way into my shoulder, and SLOWLY pulling the trigger to feel the break.

Would function as expected when I snatched the *@!* out of it.

Upon further review, some wear on the disconnector where it engages the hammer, but still...and this being a new G2 trigger set. Might try it in another rifle to see if it just the combo of that trigger set and reciever pin geometry.

SWATcop556
05-09-09, 16:48
I would just send it back to Tapco and tell them what the problem is. They should make it right if it an out of spec trigger and not an unitentional bump-fire.

LMarshall73
05-09-09, 20:15
There was a recall on some of the G2 trigger groups manufactured toward the end of last year. The hole for the disconnector spring was too deep. I believe they were offering to replace any defective parts. I don't recall the exact manufacturing dates or even specifically how to identify if the trigger group was part of the recall or not.