PDA

View Full Version : Magpul BUIS

Fandrew
05-09-09, 17:48
For those who are looking, Rainier Arms has the Magpul BUIS in stock.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1436
and
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1441

Have a good 'un,

Fandrew

seb5
05-09-09, 20:53
I ordered a tan and a black one. We'll see soon. If I don't like them I'll sell them. As a BUIS in the rear I like the idea. I don't want a plastic front sight.

Fandrew
05-09-09, 23:35
Agreed. I ordered a rear BUIS in black. For a $50ish price, it's hard to beat. If I was going to be using this in combat everyday, I would probably go with the Troy BUIS.

But I am not in combat everyday, and that's an extra $100 I can use on so many other things. I'll update this thread once it comes in with some initial impressions.

kry226
05-10-09, 06:02
I just mounted a new MBUS on my LMT yesterday. Initial impressions are that it's high quality and stout. However, the important impressions come with rounds down range. I am somewhat intrigued about a single windage click equals 3/4 MOA, but I know it was never designed for long range shooting, so it's a moot point. I'll report back when I am able to put some mileage on it.

mudhog79
06-08-09, 20:15
I just mounted a new MBUS on my LMT yesterday. Initial impressions are that it's high quality and stout. However, the important impressions come with rounds down range. I am somewhat intrigued about a single windage click equals 3/4 MOA, but I know it was never designed for long range shooting, so it's a moot point. I'll report back when I am able to put some mileage on it.

Any range report on the MBUS yet? Im thinking of getting the rear sight. Im pretty new to this game and am about to get an Eotech 516. Im thinking of getting the rear MBUS and seeing if i can use it with my stock from sight.

Thanks

sdcromer
06-08-09, 21:43
I mounted a rear MBUS on my carbine and shot with it yesterday. No problem to mount and no problem to adjust. I shot with it as a back up with a red dot and then removed the red dot and shot with just the sight. It was sturdy and easy to deploy. All in all a nice piece of kit. :)

RD62
06-08-09, 22:36
I got a chance to take my Middy with MBUS rear and SBR with DD fixed rear to the range the other day.

I was extremely pleased with both. No issues zeroing with either. Fully functional, and exceptional values each. I am very pleased and would thus far recommend either.

-RD62

kry226
06-09-09, 05:39
Any range report on the MBUS yet? Im thinking of getting the rear sight. Im pretty new to this game and am about to get an Eotech 516. Im thinking of getting the rear MBUS and seeing if i can use it with my stock from sight.

Thanks

Sorry bro. 60 hours a week is killing me right now, plus time with the wife and two toddlers, so no range time yet. Hopefully that will change in a few weeks after I relinquish command and take lots of leave. :D

Good to hear that the MBUS is working for others as expected.