PDA

View Full Version : Buying a LMT

No.6
01-05-07, 10:04
Buying a LMT, so I'm asking for advice. Go with a LMT two stage trigger or take the stock one and replace it with a Geissele? Any problems with installing a Geissele in a LMT lower?

Aubrey
01-05-07, 11:22
What is the application? If this is for a duty/self-defense 5.56x45mm carbine, why not get the single-stage trigger and leave it alone?

Alpha Sierra
01-05-07, 11:55
What is the application? If this is for a duty/self-defense 5.56x45mm carbine, why not get the single-stage trigger and leave it alone?
For the same reason some people like a crisp, reasonable trigger in their defensive 1911s?

A well broken in RRA two stage makes trigger control easier, and at a total pull weight of about 5 lbs, is not the hair trigger some would have you believe.

After 4000 trouble free rounds through my RRA I am pretty satisfied. I swapped it from my match gun to my defensive gun when I bought a Geissele for match work.

IIRC, the USAMU has evaluated the Geissele High Speed trigger and approved it as a replacement for their SDM-Rs. Since SDMs are part of an infantry squad, it's pretty safe to assume Geissele triggers in that role are going to see a lot of use in warfighting.

C4IGrant
01-05-07, 12:30
The Geissele triggers runs right over ALL other 2 stage triggers and IS be used by the US Army. The Army is also replacing the KAC triggers they use with the Geissele trigger as they break.

C4

9mm MP5 Machinenpistole
01-21-07, 18:30
I would purchase the LMT Two-Stage Trigger with the lower. It is an excellent trigger.

M4Guru
01-21-07, 20:36
The Geissele triggers are really nice. They would be my pick over any other "match" trigger.

BRAAIJR
01-21-07, 21:54
I will add my 2 cents and say leave it alone unless you are building a match gun the standard trigger that comes with a LMT gun is sweet out the box.

tmorris
01-25-07, 01:45
The trigger from LMT is a good one that you can't break if you tried. LMT uppers and lowers are all I have and they run pretty darn good. They break clean at 6 pounds and that is good enough for me...