PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace for the M&P

M4arc
01-05-07, 12:55
The LG-660 is right around the corner!

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/486/lg660oy3.jpg

Jeff from CTC posted this on mp-pistol.com (http://www.mp-pistol.com) and I thought some of you would like to see it as well <evil_laugh>

Guys like dport and yrac are running out of excuses ;)

yrac
01-05-07, 14:31

I'm just waiting for the shine to wear off of yours so you'll sell it to me on a good deal!:p

olds442tyguy
01-05-07, 15:37
I'm truthfuly amazed at how well the M&P is doing. :cool:

It's to the point that I now disagree with those who say the M&P doesn't compete with the Glock. Now that the prices have settled down, I might pick up one of the 45's if I don't run into an FNP 45 first. The CT grips are just icing on the cake.

DrMark
01-05-07, 16:25
That's an impressive inplementation. It seems the replaceable backstop was well-utilized.

I may be running out of excuses as well...

Dport
01-05-07, 16:40
I don't run a CT laser on any of my guns, so why would I start by buying a new gun and then the CT laser for it?

M4arc
01-05-07, 18:05
I don't run a CT laser on any of my guns, so why would I start by buying a new gun and then the CT laser for it?

It's just playing M&P teasing buddy :D

Dport
01-05-07, 18:32
It's just playing M&P teasing buddy :D
I gotta do what I gotta do to keep myself from buying one.:p

M4arc
01-05-07, 18:50
I gotta do what I gotta do to keep myself from buying one.:p

Ahhh, I understand ;)

<don't fight it man>

SuicideHz
01-05-07, 19:51
All you need to do to convince yourself not to buy one is deal with SW's customer service yourself. Let them hold your gun for 6 weeks and then tell you your complaint list is too long.

Dport
01-05-07, 20:05
To be honest, your story does give me pause.

I'm also hesitant to shoot the GA 5.56 I have in the closet after Mace's story.

LOKNLOD
01-05-07, 20:52
That's an impressive inplementation. It seems the replaceable backstop was well-utilized.

I may be running out of excuses as well...

That was my first thought as well. If it wasn't "turned on" you'd hardly notice it.

And I don't need excuses...I've got a budget.

SuicideHz
01-05-07, 21:27
GA? Mace's story? Link?

thanks...

Joe

Glockster35
01-05-07, 21:51
I see a M&P in my future, now to decide on the caliber...I'm thinking 9mm, fo rthe wife (hehehe, so I can get her to shoot, or shoot it myself).:D

I have two sets of the CT grips for the Beretta 92 I need to get rid of so I can afford the CT for the M&P and one for the Glocks!

M4arc
01-06-07, 12:16
All you need to do to convince yourself not to buy one is deal with SW's customer service yourself. Let them hold your gun for 6 weeks and then tell you your complaint list is too long.

Maybe the 1911s are handled by a different division/department because the issues I'm seeing reported on mp-pistol.com are being corrected in a matter of days by S&W. There are a lot of small things like sights and strikers being reported and in most cases (except the strikers are now out of stock) stuff is being returned the same week they are received.

Maybe S&W is really banking on the M&P and is turning that stuff around a lot quicker than the 1911s and other models?

DrMark
01-06-07, 14:54
Maybe the 1911s are handled by a different division/department because the issues I'm seeing reported on mp-pistol.com are being corrected in a matter of days by S&W. There are a lot of small things like sights and strikers being reported and in most cases (except the strikers are now out of stock) stuff is being returned the same week they are received.

Maybe S&W is really banking on the M&P and is turning that stuff around a lot quicker than the 1911s and other models?

That may well be true.

Another factor may be the corrections required to get each gun turned around.

It sounds like most of the M&P repairs involved simple parts replacement... swap the part, return the gun.

The 1911 in question had issues with the machining of the primary components, and those were just part of the long list of complaints. Whatever "repairs" S&W decided on, it wasn't likely to be quick.

matt7184
01-06-07, 22:35
Smith and Wesson seems to have a great reputation for their customer service on most forums. The 1911 incident on this forum is one of the few bad stories I have heard about their CS. Thankfully, I have not had to use CS for any of my Smiths.

Now back to the topic. I hope CT can put out a Compact version as well. I would be more likely to pick one up for my compact. For the full size, I'm not sure if I would get a CT lasergrip or the X200L.

Dport
01-06-07, 22:47
GA? Mace's story? Link?

thanks...

Joe
Georgia Arms
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=2945