PDA

View Full Version : Advanced (2Day) Tactical Carbine M4/AR-15 Course 6/27-28/2009 in Virginia

DCJS Instructor
05-10-09, 19:54
Folks this will be the FIRST (1st) 2 Day OPEN enrollment Carbine class in 2009 for PTTA & CCJA. We will be shooting on Steel and Paper from barricades and vehicles. We can shoot out to 500 yards on the Carbine range.

*NOTE* If you bring (2) paying students you can take the course for FREE!

Hope to see you on the range!

AR-15 / M4 Advanced (2 Day) TACTICAL CARBINE COURSE

June 27–28, 2009 starting @ 9:00am

Prerequisite: Basic Carbine Course: From any reputable school/instructor

Class Size: 15 Students Max

Instructors: Tom Perroni & CCJA Staff Instructors

This course is designed to develop a solid foundation of shooting skills with the carbine. The student will exercise these skills in a variety of shooting situations. The student will quickly gain experience, confidence and increase their skill level with the carbine and using it in tactical situations. This course is also designed to develop understanding and proficiency with a tactical carbine. Students will progress from basic handling and marksmanship skills to advanced shooting drills. This course will focus on techniques used in a combat environment.

The following topics will be discussed during the course:

• Safety
• Nomenclature
• Armorer Maintenance & Proper Lubrication
• Fundamentals of shooting: Stance, Sights, Grip, Trigger Control
• Malfunction Drills (Tap, Rack, Fight) Status Check
• Magazine Changes & Weapons Handling Skills
• Multiple shoots, Multiple targets, Shoot, Move Communicate
• Shooting on the move, Shooting reactive targets
• Shooting behind cover and from barricades
• Transition from Carbine to Handgun
• Breaking Contact & Peeling Left & Right (Bounding)

We will BZO @ 25 & 50 yards using iron sights and then co-witness
EOtechs or Aimpoints.

This two day course is very comprehensive and packs in a great deal of information. It is not a canned course, it is very dynamic and teaches real world skills from Instructors that operate or have operated in High Threat Environments.

CCJA & PTTA M4/ AR-15 Tactical Carbine Course
Gear Requirements:

Rifle / Carbine M4, AR-15, M16 AK, H&K, FN
Tactical Sling
(3/4) 30 Round Magazines
Magazine pouch
Handgun in Semi-auto
Strong side holster
3 Magazines
Magazine pouch
Handheld Light / pouch
Spare Batteries
Knee Pads
Water and Snacks
Wrap Around Eye Protection (clear)
Ear Protection (electronic muffs recommended)
Baseball style hat
Gloves
Weapons Lube & tools

Ammunition Requirements
Pistol 200 Rounds Pistol
Carbine 800 Rounds (.223,5.56,.308,7.62)
Extra Ammunition is recommended, the above numbers are minimums.

WE WILL BE SELLING AMMO FOR THIS COURSE CALL for PRICES!

Additional Gear for Tactics Courses
(for LEO’s & Pre Vetting WPPS, HTT, or HRE operators)
Body Armor with plates
Helmet if issued
Drop leg holster
Basic Medical Kit / Blow out Kit

Course Cost: $300.00

This Course Includes training each day and the CCJA Patrol Rifle AR-15 / M-4 Course Book. After successful completion of the course the student will receive a training completion certificate. Course starts @ 9:00am @ 1380 Central Park Blvd, suite 208 Fredericksburg, Va. 22401

For More Information or to sign up for the course contact Tom Perroni at:
www.ccjatraining.com
tomperroni@msn.com or (540) 322-3000 or (540) 846-7088

DCJS Instructor
06-23-09, 10:03
5 Slots left for this class!

We will also be selling ammo.

Tom

StrikeFace
06-30-09, 22:55
This marks the second course I've taken through CCJA. I survived the basic carbine course in February and the advanced carbine class was a natural follow-up.

DCJS Instructor
07-01-09, 21:54
Thanks for the AAR!

I think I enjoyed the range time as much as you guys did! I was impressed; by the end of the second day EVERYONE was shooting well.

My only regret was we did not to get to do any low light shooting. However having a former U.S. Marshal CQB Instructor teach room entry was a blast, I apologize for running out of flash bangs.

I glad you like the range improvements some folks were not so kind in another course. They did not like gravel on the range? Every range I taught on at BW had gravel.

This class was a good mix of LEO. MIL, PMC and CIV's. The team drills were outstanding and you were all breaking contact like pros. Teaching you guys how to shoot on steel @ 100 yards with a pistol was fun!

I think everyone learned the value of communication for team tactics. I.e.: contact front, contact left, contact right. Move, Moving, Cover, Up.

Skills improved 100%: Magazine Changes both speed and tactical became flawless. Transitions were very smooth. Shooting from cover Standing, kneeling and prone both left and right handed looked very smooth. I think everyone learned the value of the 1 point sling.

I am 100% sure not one of you will load a 30 round magazine with more than 28 rounds.

Dynamic drills were outstanding; I did not have to tell students to turn their feet and hips in the direction of travel. Students were getting hits on steel while moving from barricade to barricade. Everyone was using cover correctly with proper distance and type.

Vehicle Bail Out drills went smooth, shooting from and through vehicles went well.

Also the how to fix an M4 with the spring from a pen was 100% improve.

This was the first OPEN enrollment Advanced Carbine Class @ my new facility and I hope not the last. It was a pleasure having you in class you are a consummate professional.

Tom

X31Korps
07-03-09, 11:54
Class Picture.