PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Arms K3B-M4-A3-TC

1911_CQB
01-05-07, 23:27
Well my wife picked me up a brand new, straight from the factory ( we live in the same city) Oly Arms K3B-M4-A3-TC. She sure suprised the hell out of me! And she got my CQB .45 refinished, and new sights installed! What a woman! I should deploy more often, i seem to get goodies everytime. Last year was a new mossy 500 and XD 40. ANyways, im off topic. Any of you guys have any experience with this model? I have handled one before but not shot one. I am used to Mil Spec M-16s mostly, with some m4 use as of the last couple of years, and I know not to expect the same level of finish and maybe fit as the govt stuff, but how is the quality of Oly's weapons? I have read reports of nasty customer service and QC in the companies early years, but when my wife told me of the experience she had selecting and buying the weapon, I was impressed enough to call the shop and thank them for being so helpful to my wife. Sorry for the long winded post, but just looking for any opinion and or experience with Oly. Thanks fellas.

FJB
01-06-07, 03:53
Bring your Oly to the 10-8 Consulting Basic Carbine class 24-25 March in Seattle. After two days and 1,000 rounds let's see if Oly QC has really changed. I am suspect. Contact Owen Miller at GemTech for more info. (208) 939-7222

S/F

M4arc
01-06-07, 05:39
Unfortunately you will not find Olympic held in high regards around here and most other forums for that matter.

That said, congrats on your AR! I sugguest you shoot the piss out of it and enjoy it. If you have issues or questions post them here and you'll get the help you need.

I have a feeling that this Olypmic is just the start ;)

Chris_C
01-06-07, 14:09
For my 1st AR a few yeards back, I bought a Century Arms, Inc (GA, VT) lower.

If I am not mistaken, Oly made them and CAI put their name on it.

It has been good. I have probably 6000-8000 rounds through the lower. I am operating a RRA upper on it with a ACE Skeleton (full size) for the stock.

No roll pins, I have only replaced the trigger springs.

mike01ta
01-06-07, 20:20
Bring your Oly to the 10-8 Consulting Basic Carbine class 24-25 March in Seattle. After two days and 1,000 rounds let's see if Oly QC has really changed. I am suspect. Contact Owen Miller at GemTech for more info. (208) 939-7222

S/F
i am sure you are suspect unless it says colt or fn. Olympic used to make M-14 barrels for the US so they cant be that bad

Rob96
01-07-07, 03:54
Denny Hansen haas/had one that went something like 80,000 rounds. Luck of the draw?

1911_CQB
01-07-07, 14:35
Thanks for the input fellas :)

FJB
01-08-07, 02:10
i am sure you are suspect unless it says colt or fn. Olympic used to make M-14 barrels for the US so they cant be that bad

I am suspect as I once owned one of these POS that liked to allow the hammer to fall when the trigger reset because the lower receiver holes for the trigger mechanism were out of alignment, as did a friend of mine. Plus, as an adjunct for a well known school with a 30 year history, as well as with several other highly regarded MTTs orgs. I have seen them fail too often by TD 3 or 4 of a 5 day class. Believe what you want and buy what you want. Your money and your life. I have wasted enough of my own money separating wheat from chaff so I try to help prevent others from wasting theirs.

Even the Tier 1 manufacturers make a lemon, i.e. their 10%, whereas the lower Tier manufacturers "10%" tend to be the opposite, ie. they make a few good ones while the majority are POS. Thus, Denny probably does have a good one and because I know Denny and know him to be an honest man if he says he has 80K through it, then it is a real 80K not an errornet 80K (often only 800) so often claimed. Just seems when you are playing the odds you'd prefer them in your favor, esp. if your life depends upon it.

So I go back to my original statement about taking the Oly to a quality firearms class and run the gun hard to see how it performs. You get the benefit of learning how to fight with your carbine, train with like minded individuals, and find out how well your gun will work under challenging conditions.

S/F