PDA

View Full Version : New toy w/ pics

usaffarmer
05-11-09, 22:37
Remington 700P 26in .308 with Nightforce 20moa base and rings. The scope is on order and should have it in a couple of weeks. NF NSX 3.5x15x56 w/ ZS and a NP-R2 retical. Harris bipod. And my wife says all I have to do is get a moose this fall. :) Im also having the Badger Big Knob put on instead of leaving the small remington knob.

Maybe an HVT Gemtech to boot. :cool:

I will post pics shortly of her (the stick)

And picked up 500 rounds of .308 for about a knee and an elbow. But whatever gotta have it.

mark5pt56
05-12-09, 13:51
Sounds good! I just got my 700p as well today-bolt is already in a box to have the Badger installed and the tapped handle.

Near base is on the way, I think I will do the Seekins rings.

Mark

usaffarmer
07-05-09, 22:40
40 round and counting. Best group was 3 rounds at 100 meters @.413 inches center to center. Using 175g Federal Gold match ammo. Was hoping to find 165-168 grain and no luck in town.

Sunshade on the Nightforce is a 56mm flashkill. Which seems to work better than the normal sunshade.

Every round is logged in the book. and will continue to be that way.

Im very happy with how it shoots. I just need to get better now. And hope there is a class sometime soon in Alaska for precision rifle.

Im looking to change the floorplate out with a magazine fed floorplate system. Badger or Tacticalrifles.net if i can get it from them. Bolt handle will be changed out this winter.

Sorry you have to click on them I STILL havent figured out how to just post them and have them so. :confused:

tylerw02
07-06-09, 11:16
The NF NXS is very good kit. Congratulations on your purchase. May I make one recommendation?

Sell the Badger knob and purchase a Tactical Operations knob. They are much better designed and mount more solidly. I could put you in touch with somebody to do the install for you if you'd like. PM me if interested.