PDA

View Full Version : Surefire Warranty

Powereng
01-06-07, 11:09
I recently purchased a surefire L4 and after three days the tapcap switch broke in the on position. I dropped surefire an e-mail about the problem and after 3 days have yet to hear back from them.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with the tailcap or lack of communication from surefire?

PALADIN-hgwt
01-06-07, 11:25
xxxxx

ST911
01-06-07, 21:30
Surefire has always exceeded my expectations, by a substantial margin, whenever I've needed customer service.

One of my needs was replacement of a click-on tailcap, which stuck in the one position. Following my call, I had a new one in hand in about three days, no charge, no exchange required, no questions asked.

k9dpd
01-06-07, 22:11
I am glad you guys have had good luck, when I emailed them about my X200 they told me to modify my glock to fix a surefire problem

NickB
01-07-07, 02:49
I had two issues with my E2D out of the box:
1. Broken tail cap that wouldn't lock on. I emailed Surefire, they asked me for an address, had a new tailcap in my mail box in under a week. Didn't ask for proof of purchase, didn't ask to send the old cap back, nothing. New cap in hand, no questions asked.

2. I dropped the light off my kitchen table onto the tile floor and broke the bulb. :o I told them as much, and they didn't bat an eye at sending me a new bulb. Somehow the paperwork got lost, and the bulb never shipped, but a second email fixed the problem, and I had a new bulb shortly after, no charge.

My experiences with the Surefire and their products have been nothing but positive. I'll certainly be adding more to my collection soon!

UVvis
01-07-07, 13:20
I am glad you guys have had good luck, when I emailed them about my X200 they told me to modify my glock to fix a surefire problem

What problem was this? Was it the light making the gun feed poorly, or the light not attaching to the gun problem?

k9dpd
01-07-07, 15:12
it was a problem attaching to the gun, they said there mount was out of spec and to just modify my glock. I switched to a TRL1 and havent looked back. All I needed was an inspec mounting plate

Powereng
01-07-07, 15:27
Thanks for all the replys. Sound for the most part that they are a good outfit when it comes to backing up their warranty. I will give them a call on Monday and see what they say.

Didn't want this thread to turn into a Surefire hate fest. Just a little worried about my $165 investment that the wife is pissed about! I have got to get better at hiding my receipts. :D

C4IGrant
01-07-07, 20:45
I recently purchased a surefire L4 and after three days the tapcap switch broke in the on position. I dropped surefire an e-mail about the problem and after 3 days have yet to hear back from them.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with the tailcap or lack of communication from surefire?

Call, them and they will help you.

C4

R.D.
01-08-07, 00:05
I have had more than my share of problems with surefire products. They have taken care of every problem I have had in relativley short order. I did have to wait for about 2 months for a replacement 870 dedicated forend 618fga as they do not always have them in stock(it has a constant on as well as a disable switch but both switches worked as constant on without any disable)witch kinda sucked as I had already waited months for it on backorder. My E2D tailcap was also replaced without question just like everyone else.
To their credit they also fixed a broken 644AR light I bought used for my glock 23 without a rail. I told them I bought it broken(the slimline switch was broken from the housing)and it was used so I was willing to pay to get it fixed but they covered it under warranty anyways:) . FWIW I always call them instead of email as email can be hit or miss sometimes.

Dan GSR
01-09-07, 00:00
another surefire user here that has been happy with warranty work
just call in to get a RMA