PDA

View Full Version : Best Quality of These?

28gauge
05-13-09, 18:56
What would you guys say is the best quality of these moderately priced AR's, and if I'm missing one let me know;

Stag Arms
S & W
DPMS
Bushmaster

jmart
05-13-09, 19:00
What config?

28gauge
05-13-09, 19:02
I guess in general but let's say M4 for starters.

flyboy1788
05-13-09, 19:05
Going by what features they have and the reputations that go with your choices, I would say S&W is the best. This would be an easy decision for me if I was given these choices.

CLHC
05-13-09, 19:07
Interesting. . .Thought I read somewhere that you had just acquired a Colt 6920?

Col_Crocs
05-13-09, 19:08
S&W off your list.

Colt and LMT would be my picks though. If your looking to build one yourself:
BCM M4 Upper (If you can get your hands on one) on a Noveske Lower (I just like how it looks:D ). Quality BCG and LPK of course.

28gauge
05-13-09, 19:09
Correct about the 6920. But I see a lot of inventory out there in the brands I mentioned and I might get impulsive and pick up another.

RojasTKD
05-13-09, 19:09
Of those listed the S&W would be my first choice.

Kimbo
05-13-09, 19:12
Drink the kool-aid and get the other top tier companies...LMT and Noveske. Since you already have a colt check out the other two. The kool-aid is good...so very good :cool:

tinman44
05-13-09, 19:47
mole anyone else feel like mole this site is being infiltrated mole by TOS moles mole?

Blankwaffe
05-13-09, 20:21
As someone who has spent a bloody fortune on AR stuff(several brands) in the last year...I'd say spend a couple hundred bucks more and get an LMT Defender.Or better yet,buy a complete LMT Defender lower(I prefer standard trigger with SOPMOD) and a BCM middy upper.
Thats the only setups I have purchased so far that Im completely satisfied with.
With the other brands you will likely end up wanting to upgrade to a better BCG,charging handle and furniture depending on the brand.Most of the stocks and handguards Ive seen on these other brands are cheap thin plastic rather than the thermold type heavy furniture.In some cases springs and such may need some love after some use.
So in the end you will actually have more money invested in the other brands than what a LMT or BCM setup would actually cost you.Trust me Ive been down that road already.

RogerinTPA
05-13-09, 20:44
IMHO, I'd get a S&W or the VTAC version. Daniel Defense would be another option and the better value, with it already decked out with all the after market add ons most people get. Get a Red Dot and light and you're done. If you wanna spend a little more, get an LMT lower, a LMT MRP rifle length upper, a BCM BCG, front and rear BUIS, RDS and Light. Which is what I did. :cool:

Artos
05-13-09, 20:59
I'm gonna throw in rra just because the beer is cold. :D:D

....and should be on the list.

motoman
05-13-09, 22:44
s&w make great barrels but not great bcg's. go with the s&w and swap out the bcg for a lmt, colt, noveske.

flyboy1788
05-13-09, 22:49
s&w make great barrels but not great bcg's. go with the s&w and swap out the bcg for a lmt, colt, noveske.

Not sure where you get your information, but S&W was using LMT bcgs after they stopped being produced by stag and moved production in house. The current ones are of the same quality as the LMT bcgs used for a while, but the name slips me. Regardless, the staking looks as good as the LMT stake job and the bolts are all mp and hp inspected. The barrels are now made by thompson center. Once again, not to insult you, but I would like to know where you get your information.

E53001
05-14-09, 01:24
id vote for S&W out of the list, ive owned one, sold it due to upgrade to colt, but never had any type of failures for the duration i did own and shoot it, i shot around 1300 +(give or take 50) and not so much as one hic cup, it was the basic M4 config s&w

brianc142
05-14-09, 02:15
Out of the ones on your list, I'd go with Stag. Decent gun for the price.

larry0071
05-14-09, 03:05
I'm going to break the mold here and throw a new hat in the ring at the same time.

I suggest for best bang for the buck, go Charles Daly Defense.

There are more expensive, and there are (arguably) better, but I don't think you'll get a better rifle for the price as you will from the CDD line. This is an opinion, and can be freely disputed ;)

Iron-sapper
05-14-09, 10:39
S&W is the best value of the four brands that you listed.

CounTeR
05-14-09, 13:07
I'm going to break the mold here and throw a new hat in the ring at the same time.

I suggest for best bang for the buck, go Charles Daly Defense.

There are more expensive, and there are (arguably) better, but I don't think you'll get a better rifle for the price as you will from the CDD line. This is an opinion, and can be freely disputed ;)

HDI (http://shop.hendersondefense.biz/product.sc?categoryId=16&productId=180).

Best for the buck.

Pistola
05-14-09, 13:21
Out of the ones on your list, I'd go with Stag. Decent gun for the price.

+1 for Stag. Won't break your bank account. You can always add some accessories later.

BigPaulie
05-14-09, 19:57
Drink the kool-aid and get the other top tier companies...LMT and Noveske. Since you already have a colt check out the other two. The kool-aid is good...so very good :cool:
Amen brother! S&W (british owned) LMT and Noveske AMERICAN!

flyboy1788
05-14-09, 20:22
Amen brother! S&W (british owned) LMT and Noveske AMERICAN!

They havent been british owned since 2001. They are now owned by saf t hammer, an american company. There is a lot of fail in this thread.:(

tr1kstanc3
05-14-09, 20:30
+1 for Stag. Won't break your bank account. You can always add some accessories later.

Coming from an LMT Defender and a Stag Model 2.. I vote for the Stag.