05-13-09, 20:07
:eek::eek::eek:

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=FAXM855PD&

hatt
05-13-09, 20:09
It's only ridiculous if you buy it.

LOKNLOD
05-13-09, 20:10
Natchez got ridiculous quite a while ago...

BH1
05-13-09, 23:51
Here's wishing them a warehouse full of it that they just can't seem sell.

dookie1481
05-14-09, 02:13
Is this actual Lake City contract overrun stuff? If so, it isn't THAT ridiculous. It's overpriced, but given the lack of availability of ammo the equilibrium price is going to be higher.

Jay

markm
05-14-09, 10:00
I've never bought from Natchos. They're shipping rates were absurd the one time I did try to place an order.

There's a handful of dealers who've gone stupid... Sadly Ammuntiontogo has become a joke.

Good dealers like WIDENERS will get my business after all of this nonsense settles down.

decodeddiesel
05-14-09, 10:09
We are going to see the prices go up until the current market demand cannot sustain them, then we will see the prices fall. As it is right now the demand is well outside of the production possibilities curve due to panic buying, but it is falling back inline with supply. Therefore I imagine we're going to see this sooner rather than later.

ETA: That being said, I have been using wideners for some time now and I have great admiration for how they have handled their business during this panic buying crisis. They will be getting my continued business in the future.

caporider
05-14-09, 11:49
Both AIM Surplus and Palmetto State Armory have really held the line on ammo pricing. They will be getting much more business from me when I am back in the market for ammo.

rubberneck
05-14-09, 11:57
As I have said in other threads I hope these guys enjoy the high life because it isn't going to last forever and I am keeping a list of all the vendors that have acted (in my opinion) inappropriately since the election. Natchez has now found their way onto that list and they will never see another dime from me. I encourage everyone else who is as disgusted as I am to follow suit. There are enough vendors who are still trying to do the right thing even if it is hurting their business. Those guys will be rewarded when the worm turns. The other guys can rot away for all I care.

Al U. 5811
05-14-09, 12:59
Aim are good people to deal with.

warpigM-4
05-14-09, 13:38
AIM and widener are the only two I use they seem to be part of the Non rape you crowd

FlyAndFight
05-14-09, 14:13
I recently received a catalog from "Cheaper Than Dirt". It had me laughing for some time. The prices were beyond ridiculous.

rsilvers
05-14-09, 15:05
My local dealer did not raise prices much but instead limits people to 2 boxes. I am not sure that is better though than raising prices and giving people the option to buy or not.

Having short-term higher prices helps increase production and stabilize supply. In fact I decided it was time for me to surplus some ammo so I brought about 16K rounds to a dealer and was happy to sell it.

rubberneck
05-14-09, 15:13
My local dealer did not raise prices much but instead limits people to 2 boxes. I am not sure that is better though than raising prices and giving people the option to buy or not.

I wonder what percentage of the hoarders are active shooters, people with irrational fears or people just looking to make a quick buck off those with irrational fears. As an active shooter, i.e. someone that shoots several hundred rounds (of various calibers) a month, this hoarding is intolerable.

I get people buying all the mags and weapons that might be subject to an AWB part deux but I don't understand the irrational fear that ammo will suddenly disappear one day, especially in light of Heller and the recent 9th Circuit's decision to incorporate the second amendment. Ammo isn't going anywhere and the government won't be able to levy insane taxes to prevent it use.

rsilvers
05-14-09, 15:29
Not sure it was irrational as ammo, guns, and magazines are either hard to get now or very expensive. Ammo can go away or require a serial number and $1 per round tax to pay medical bills for victims. Look at what happened to cigarettes.

TY44934
05-14-09, 15:38
Stop complaining & give your money to DILLON PRECISION. Yes, component prices are up too - though you still save a lot of $$. What are you afraid of?

rubberneck
05-14-09, 15:39
Not sure it was irrational as ammo, guns, and magazines are either hard to get now or very expensive. Ammo can go away or require a serial number and $1 per round tax to pay medical bills for victims. Look at what happened to cigarettes.

Ammo is fundamental to the exercise of second amendment. Without ammo the amendment loses it's meaning. After Heller the game changed. The level of scrutiny now required for legislating the second amendment got an order of magnitude stiffer. I suspect a $1 tax per round would be viewed as dimly by the court as a 400% tax surcharge applied only to the ink used in newspapers would be, or a 500% tax on all religious materials. The chances of that happening rest somewhere between 1% and zero with zero being the much more likely outcome. Smoking cigarettes is not a constitutionally protected activity and is more easily regulated than constitutional rights. This hysteria over ammo is irrational.

rubberneck
05-14-09, 15:43
Stop complaining & give your money to DILLON PRECISION. Yes, component prices are up too - though you still save a lot of $$. What are you afraid of?

I own a dillion. Care to tell me who has primers, powder and bullet heads in stock and isn't trying to rape people on prices? Powder Valley is no longer accepting orders for primers because they have a 50 million dollar back order. That's just one company. I suspect that the total back log on primers nationally is now in the billions range. Even that part of the industry has been savaged by the hoarders.

Edited to add: I meant 50 million primers not 50 million dollars.

decodeddiesel
05-14-09, 16:05
I own a dillion. Care to tell me who has primers, powder and bullet heads in stock and isn't trying to rape people on prices? Powder Valley is no longer accepting orders for primers because they have a 50 million dollar back order. That's just one company. I suspect that the total back log on primers nationally is now in the billions range. Even that part of the industry has been savaged by the hoarders.

Exactamundo.

I was ready to pull the trigger on a 550B a couple months ago, till I started looking for small rifle and pistol primers. HA!

Safetyhit
05-14-09, 16:32
Sadly Ammuntiontogo has become a joke.

Sad to hear. Bought many thousands of rounds from John and Tracy without issue up until about 2 years ago. Still have much of it in fact.

But none recently, what's the issue? Just wondering since I was thinking of them only yesterday for a possible order.

Edit: After viewing the current pricing, I think I see your issue.

Caeser25
05-14-09, 17:40
http://www.natchezss.com/Ammo.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=FAXM193BK&prodTitle=Federal%20%2E223%20XM193%2055GR%20FMJ%201000RD%20BOX

you ain't kidding :eek:, I seen two of these in stock yesterday for $429 each, too bad I don't have extra cash right now.

YVK
05-14-09, 18:48
Natchez got ridiculous quite a while ago...

Yes, they have. For a long time, they were my sole source of ammo due to competitive prices and reliable delivery. Now they ask 50 cents for a round of 9 mm FMJ and a dollar for a round of green tip...I hope that all their clientele leaves and never comes back, even when prices stabilize.

IPSC_GUY
05-19-09, 17:24
Both AIM Surplus and Palmetto State Armory have really held the line on ammo pricing. They will be getting much more business from me when I am back in the market for ammo.

AIM and widener are the only two I use they seem to be part of the Non rape you crowd

HERE HERE ! ! ! I recently bought some of the Privi 69 grain and a bit more 5.45 from Aim at pre insanity prices. I agree after the nuttiness subsides I will buy more from all three. above.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

JesseWin27
05-21-09, 22:13
Cabelas has some decent sales this weekend at their stores on 223.

rsilvers
05-21-09, 22:22
Still have not resorted to using .223 but if I was out of 5.56mm I could possibly slum it and do that.

exkc135driver
05-21-09, 23:30
What a great time to be in the ammunition business.

Edited to add: I meant 50 million primers not 50 million dollars.

There's a difference? :D

idreamt...
05-22-09, 00:38
Sometimes I hate being a student of economics. Supply and demand, combined with the perception of supply side scarcity, will drive a commodity's price point to the celling.

10MMGary
05-22-09, 01:43
1 I can't believe that everyone did not see this situation coming a long time ago. I did and I am far from the sharpest tool in the shed. Did you guys not experience the same thing back during the 1990s gun grab, I did. Does the phrase "be prepared" sound familiar?

2. I don't understand all the hate, it's not like Natchezs and every other dealer doesn't have to pay for their ammo and still make a profit. They are not the manufacture are they? Everybody on this board wants to make absolutely as much money as they can(or they are an idiot or liar), but when a company does it it is all the sudden it is raping or price gouging<(which it isn't BTW) or whatever.

3. I damn sure don't want anyone telling me what I can charge for my goods or service's, so I guess I won't be telling others what they can charge(other than with my wallet). People buying it to hoard and or for resale are causing the problem along with the fact that there is a war being fought in Iraq and Afghanistan and Pakistan. The speculators may make money or they may lose money, sounds like good ole capitalism to me.

4. If the price is too high the price will drop, if it is selling the price is not too high obviously. Those who say they won't be buying from so and so when the price drops back make me laugh, I will buy from whom ever is the cheapest.

This is just my opinion, then again what the hell do I know?

markm
05-22-09, 08:28
1 I can't believe that everyone did not see this situation coming a long time ago. I did and I am far from the sharpest tool in the shed.

Same here.

The panic should have set in after the primary elections. McCain is no better friend to the gun owners than Ali Bama. We would be fighting bans no matter which bum took office.

NCPatrolAR
04-21-14, 13:31
Bumping a 4 year old thread?