PDA

View Full Version : Match Trigger's 1-Stage/2-Stage

threebag6
01-07-07, 17:27
I've just recently become a happy owner of an AR so I'm still learning the in's and out's. Originally this was going to be a "just because I wanted it" type thing, but my wife has shot it and is hooked so now we are looking at a lot more range time with the possiblity of some type of formal training/carbine class somewhere down the road. With that in mind can the folks here help explain the pros/cons of match triggers in both single and two stage & do you think they make that much of a difference in overall performance of rifle/operator. Thanks for the help.

Tomcatter
01-08-07, 08:21
In my experience stock trigger was about 9#'s and I could hit well enough . They are suppose to be very reliable, but I wanted something a little lighter so I could dot the i's. Well I put a jewel 2-stage in and love it really shrunk my groups. I have 2 ar's and comparison between the 2 was like night and day now they both have jewel's, love the 2 stage very adjustable to your preference, but I don't plan on bump firing or using it in combat. I am more of a 1 shot 1 kill shooter not spray and pray. Each to his own though sure you will get many other views just my 2 cents about what I want and expect from my rifles.