PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint or Tripower?

B-RODDY
05-14-09, 01:01
I'm torn between the two, just wondering if I could get some of the positives or negative from you guys.

Failure2Stop
05-14-09, 01:07
Aimpoint, specifically the T-1 (for me).

Oscar 319
05-14-09, 05:57
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=13998&highlight=tripower

Aimpoint. See above thread for info.

Tomac
05-14-09, 07:11
Aimpoint. I've used both and IMHO the TriPower is an excellent concept w/flawed execution. Battery life is dismal, main battery lead in the battery compartment is very easy to bend/damage requiring a trip back to Trijicon (been there, done that), tritium is very dim and almost unsuable (supposedly for better NV compatiblity) and the fiber optic collector must be covered at night when using the battery backup or it glows (then you must remember to uncover it for daytime use).
With that being said, I love the chevron reticle and if they made the battery life longer (w/a better battery compartment) w/brighter tritium then I'd reconsider it.
Tomac

lanceriley
05-14-09, 07:48
i prefer the aimpoint

DRich
05-14-09, 09:27
Having owned and used both, I agree with the others. The Aimpoint (especially the T1/H1) is superior in virtually every category...weight, battery life, durability, ergonomics, overall quality, etc.

ROADKING
05-14-09, 11:10
Never had any experience with the tripower but i never had a problem with my AIMPOINT.

MassMark
05-14-09, 14:28
I love my Tripower and was fortunate enough to have access to an Aimpoint CompM2 and an Eotech 512 before deciding on the Tripower. All sights to me had their flaws, but for me, the chevron reticle and the battery/tritium back-up just made sense to me and it's served me well on my SOCOM-16/Troy MCS ever since. I agree about battery life, but use the battery so little, that it's not been an issue. The batteries are expensive as well. If they made this unit to take conventional batteries, it would be perfect. As to durability, I have not had any negative experiences and I have not been kind to my Tripower in the least. The only area where I question durability is in the W/E turrets. They are pretty soft and have gotten a bit chewed up. My only other issue was with the tritium. I as well found it to be too dim and subsequently sent it back to Trijicon for service. Turnaround time was surreal and the tritium is still a tad dim, but very visible at night and with night vision equipment.

B-RODDY
05-14-09, 17:15
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feed back. I work night and day within various situations. I really need something durable and dependable. Although I like the chevron in the Tripower, I think I’m gonna go with the Aimpoint, Thanks again.

Jeremy
05-15-09, 21:04
I run a tripower on my patrol rifle. I like the chevron as it is crisp to my eyes and an aimpoint looks terribly fuzzy. Both have clear glass for use with a magnifier. I like how easy range finding is with the chevron.

I work rotating shifts as well, and am still on the original batteries, 6 months later.

The aimpoint would wash out for me in bright sunlight against a light target and the tripower hasn't yet.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Pick which fits your needs the best.

B-RODDY
05-15-09, 22:16
Thanks Bro.

jp0319
05-16-09, 21:14
Aimpoint= rugged, great battery life

Parabellum9x19mm
05-16-09, 21:29
split the difference and get a Tri-Point. the Predator has one on his "shoulder thing that goes up" so you know it has to be quality. infrared/thermal compatible too.

:D

srsly tho. aimpoint.