PDA

View Full Version : ups and down at the range and a pistol malf

Striker5
01-07-07, 19:07
I have been waiting to wring out my Glock 17 since just after Xmas. The plan was for this afternoon. Then my wife, who got me the pisto,l a SSII and BT mag holder announces she wants to go with me. So we go to the daycare to drop the kids off and its closed. She is sad and is giving me the whole "go on, have fun" routine. So I ditch the Glock for another week, when she can watch me shoot my new toy. So things got off to a rough start.

So I go through 200 rounds w/ my Hi-Power, utilizing a random dummy for clearance drills, etc, which was fun.

When I got done, I stripped and CLP'd the pistol. When I did the post assembly function check, I noticed that the friring pin was stuck and not protruding from the plate. I broke it down again and saw that the pin was protruding about 1/4" from the hole. I eased the plate off and gently pried at the pin to free it, but to no avail.

Here's my question: I can fix this w/ a moderate amount of hassle, but should I get a new spring and pin? How do I know it won't happen again? Would YOU trust it? Or is this a fluke and I'm just being anal. Your take would be appreciated.

On a side note, I used Militech for lube and my pistol was noticeably hotter than when I use CLP. Just thought I'd throw that factoid out there.