PDA

View Full Version : Who likes H&K's P7s and doesn't think they are a waste of $$$??

SuicideHz
01-07-07, 19:44
I'd like to hear your opinions on them, see pics of ones you own and learn a little bit about them. I know quite a bit, but the one thing I know I know for sure is that I don't know enough to purchase one.

I would like to purchase ONE and do it right the first time! NOT like I did with 1911s and buy a friggin's S&W!!

Of course I won't make the mistake of buying a SW P7 as that would be impossible. What I mean is I don't want to go the cheap route and get burned but I don't want to spend too much on too much.

I would like to be able to shoot the sonofabitch!

Dport
01-07-07, 19:55
I've got to shoot several. I've even handled the .40cal version. The only thing I don't like about them is how hot the underside of the frame gets near the barrel.

M4Guru
01-07-07, 20:14
I actually bought one tonight, but have used them in the past.

PROS:

1. HK quality
2. Accuracy of a fixed barrel
3. Ergonomic
4. Great trigger
5. Good sights
6. Slim, compact, and concealable

CONS:

1. Expensive
2. Mag release on butt sucks...variants with normal frame mounted ones cost much more
3. Mags are expensive $60+
4. 8 rds of 9mm.........:(
5. HOT barrel above trigger
6. Holster options limited...just like the sight options, grip options, light options(nonexistant)
7. Your'e supporting the dudes that hate the public shooting community
8. The manual of arms is different to the degree that this needs to be your only carry gun since the trigger is so sensitive once cocked. I keep mine as a plinker/conversation piece.

I love the P7, even with all it's negatives. it feels and shoots like no other, and is made with all the care of a Rolex.

TOrrock
01-07-07, 20:17
I carried an early P7M8 for about 7 years in the 90's.

I loved it. Very flat, easy to carry with the right rig, and fast.

Did I say fast?

Fast.

Also, it was so accurate it was scary.

It was also fast.....:D

The one thing that I didn't like about it was that it heats up very quickly, to the point of being uncomfortable after 50 rounds. The gas operation makes it accurate and fairly mild shooting, but the gas piston is located under the barrel right over your trigger finger and the heat travels down the grip area.

I could deal with the squeeze cocking mechanism, it's just training.

I bought another when HK announced that they weren't going to produce them anymore. I'd been shooting and carrying my SIG P226 by then for several years, and when I tried to go back to the P7M8, I was a little dissapointed.

Still extremely accurate, still fast, but the weight of the pistol in relation to the capacity truned me off, and the heat issue was the straw that caused me to sell it and keep shooting my SIG.

If I had an extra $1500.00 laying around and didn't have other things to buy, I'd get another one. They're "neat" guns, unique, and as I've said, very accurate pieces.

I don't know how you'd "not do it right" if you want one, since the only on you're going to buy is going to be a real HK.

SuicideHz
01-07-07, 20:52
I'd be buying an M8 or an M13- that's for sure. So, it would have the standard USP and newer type mag release, not the European style butt release.

Now, the main drawback to me is the heat issue- I've heard that the heat is a major issue and think it would be something I'd learn to hate. I can't go to the range and only put 50 rounds through a gun. The 1911 gets 200 per trip on average. The suppressed 92fs will get at least 100 rounds through it when I feel like buying 9mm.

That brings up a good point- after a mag I usually try to retighten the suppressor. It's usually too hot to handle bare handed after 15 rounds and I'll set it down for a bit while I reload another mag. So, if that's all the time I'd have to spend to let the P7 cool down between firings to keep it from getting unbearable, I'm willing to accept it.

What sucks is that I hear threaded barrels are upwards of $200-$400 and I'd really like to use the Matrix9 I have on anything I get in 9mm- I feel it would be stupid not to keep that in mind.

As far as sights and holsters being drawbacks, I've seen newer PMs with night sigthts that look like mini versions of the 10-8 sight I put on my SA.

I've also seen a few holsters that seem to work well with the P7s.

So they are fast, huh? Fast to draw, aim?

M4- what did you buy tonight? M7? M13? How used? Refurb'd or milled Police trade in?

I have a thought- if 8 rounds of .45 is good enough for carry and personal protection, 8 rounds of a decent 9mm ought to be enough as well. I will NOT be up against 8 attackers where each round will have to incapacitate an attacker by itself. More than likely there won't ever be enough bad guys to where they'd be able to receive less than 3 each, hopefully!

SuicideHz
01-07-07, 20:56
I found this little beauty today:

http://mactec-militaryarms.com/837c_hkp7m8.jpg

S/N 16-128XXX, HK P7M8 Pistol, 9mm, KI date code, 1998 German mfg., Sterling, VA marked, with NO WARNING on slide. Original finish, excellent condition with only very light finish wear on the sharp edges. Includes custom walnut Nill Grips, OEM black plastic storage case with red HK logo, and 2 factory mags, (no cleaning tools or owners manual), and Master cable lock.

$1285 with the Walnut Grips or $1195 with standard Black.

SuicideHz
01-07-07, 20:57
Oh, and a big drawback to these guns that noone mentioned is the size compared to a 15 round G19!!

If you look only at the size, capacity, weight and price, the G19 wins hands down...

TOrrock
01-07-07, 20:59
The PSP's and P7's have the older heel mag release and no heat shield, all the M series have the ambi mag release behind the trigger guard where you'd expect them to be, and a heat shield.

If you give the pistol a little while to cool off, you're ok....but shooting an IDPA match with one will make a man out of you....;)

The pistols present very quickly, and have a very fast reset time. The very low bore angle and gas operation make it easy to keep on target.

I mentioned the weight to capacity issue as the main reason I sold my second one and went back to the SIG.....

M4Guru
01-07-07, 21:02
I got a PSP/P7. I once had an M13, but they commanded such a high price I sold it. I didn't want to hang onto a $1700 gun I had no use for. I'd get an M8 if I wanted one to carry.

cohiba
01-07-07, 21:24
SHz,

If you can get one, do it. IMHO, the finest 9mm ever made. I've only carried 3 pistols in 26 years and a P7M13 was for over half of that time.

They are trick pieces, incredibly accurate with that fixed barrel. The unique manual of arms requires practice but it's worth it.

I have a P7K3 .380 with the .32 and .22 conversion kits. The .380 makes a PERFECT bug.

The 13 requires pretty big hands. The M8 is a great choice. That's plenty of rounds for most social situations.

I know they are spendy but you get what you pay for and they hold their value well.

SuicideHz
01-07-07, 21:38
Ok, well we should stick to talking about the M8 then...

I doubt I will spring for an M13 and I won't be buying a PSP in all honesty.

So, Templar (or anyone else)- is the heat issue NOT an issue as long as we are talking about M7s/10s/13s? That heat shield can't help too much...

If SW really refunds 100% of the cost of that 1911 that means I'll only have to come up with another $510+shipping for that particular M8 I showed above...

Damn...

TOrrock
01-07-07, 21:49
Ok, well we should stick to talking about the M8 then...

I doubt I will spring for an M13 and I won't be buying a PSP in all honesty.

So, Templar (or anyone else)- is the heat issue NOT an issue as long as we are talking about M7s/10s/13s? That heat shield can't help too much...

If SW really refunds 100% of the cost of that 1911 that means I'll only have to come up with another $510+shipping for that particular M8 I showed above...

Damn...

Nope, the heat shield helps, but doesn't fix the issue. They still get damn hot.

The GSG9 and Bundespolizei weren't looking to get into extended shootouts with these things (they have MP5's and G36's for that), but as a carry piece they are great.

carshooter
01-07-07, 21:51
I bought two of the German Police Trade guns several years ago. I thought enough of them that I sent one to Robar and had it done in NP3, and I had the other one done in Wilson's Armor Tuff.

I eventually sold the Armor Tuff gun, but I carried the NP3 one for several years. I still shoot it occasionally.

However, I quickly figured out that the P7M8 has a very unique manual of arms. If you expect to shoot and carry one, it better be the ONLY handgun you use seriously.

I like shooting 1911's and Glock's too much to give them up, so I retired the P7 to Toy status.

SuicideHz
01-07-07, 21:57
Oh, I forgot to add- my FFL has two P-somethings with mag releases on the butt. Both are VERY worn and dirty. They have, I belive, the BMI mark that has lines through it on the slide- not the usual machined area. They are not plum, they are blued or blackened but very worn.

They are not filthy, but they haven't been cleaned by him. He has $875 in each of them and is asking $975. I don't know the date codes or whether they have matching mags in pairs or not.

He also won't let me rent them like the other used guns- he "doesn't rent out $1k guns..."

:rolleyes:

SuicideHz
01-07-07, 22:04
Maybe this is important, maybe not-

I have carried a Glock32 for 3 years. Never had to draw on or shoot anyone. I owned a P239 before that- same thing- uneventful (pretty much:)

I've had a 92fs as a host for a suppressor for about 6 months and have never carried it- it's a brick. I recently got into the 1911. I haven't gotten a decent holster yet and don't carry it. I've only put a combined 1000 rounds through my two 1911s.

I put maybe 500 through the Glock in the first two years and 1000 through it in the last year- maybe 1000 throug the 92fs.

So, what I'm getting at, is I am not yet set in my ways regarding carrying, handling and firing a pistol. I'm pretty flexible at this moment. I don't shoot matches or anything like that where I've trained myself to act and react certain ways.

Red Cobra
01-07-07, 22:07
It is my CCW weapon! You cannot go wrong!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/428SCJ/100_1120.jpg

SuicideHz
01-07-07, 22:30
Hey! I've seen your rig in an Avatar on either HKPro or Park Cities...

trio
01-07-07, 23:35
i owned a P7M8..

honestly, I may buy another one...

It was fun as hell to shoot...as far as getting hot it does, but honestly how many of the 8 Round $60 mags are you going to own?

I had 5, so thats 40 rounds...in the time it took me to reload the mags after shooting all 40 rounds the gun was cool enough to shoot again...

as far as quick, and a different manual of arms, it certainly has that, but honestly i dont see it as being too terribly different than going from something like a glock to a 1911...

there is still a manual safety involved that must be deactivated for the pistol to fire and its a single action trigger

I think my greatest concern is that "in the heat of battle" i would be so wound up i would squeeze the de-cocker right of the gates, and it is a light trigger...

having said that, I dont know that training can eliminate that concern...certainly you can be accustomed to the squeeze cocking mechanism, but when the bullets start flying, well, human response is human response...

it is a heavy gun, thats for sure....

also, just FYI, one of the advantages of the PSP/P7 format that I have heard about over the M8 is the mag release....apparently there have been some occurrences with the "american" style mag release getting snagged on something during carry and dropping the mag....the euro heel release obviously avoids this....this seems to me to be easily fixed with a good holster, just trying to share all the info i have heard....

oh, and the last thing that always concerned me was the pure mechanics behind it...one of the things I love about the 1911 is I can literally strip it completely and if something HAD to be done, I could do it...and i am confident that i could pretty easily learn those skills on my new preferred carry piece (your dreaded smith and wessons M&P)....when you pop those grips off of that P7 though and look at the inner workings its like when the back fell off your grandad's swiss pocket watch...the only thought is "oh shit i hope i dont break that"

Army Chief
01-08-07, 01:28
Good post that's drawn some great responses.

I've also got a soft-spot for the P7, and have owned every commercial variant ever sold (save for the K3) over the years -- including the .40 brick.

Like most here, in my experience, the P7 is an astonishingly fast, amazingly accurate pistol that represents the very best of German engineering know-how. It's a dated design now, but the pistol was so well manufactured and of such high quality that it is still an excellent choice for CCW, and well worth the price of admission.

I will say this, however; unlike the majority, I've migrated back to the Gen I and Gen II (PSP/P7) form factor almost exclusively. Considering that this is essentially a SHTF sidearm for most of my applications, I don't really require high capacity. Eight properly-placed rounds are probably all that will be needed, and if not, spare magazines are quite easy to carry.

More to the point, the more conservative contours of the original/early gun are noticeably superior to every one of the Americanized variants which followed. The P7 (M-nothing, sometimes called the PSP in the United States though that is technically not correct) is considerably flatter, smaller, and even more compact than anything in later M-series (M8, M10, M13 ...). In my view, it remains the preferred variant for CCW.

Some might take exception to this, of course, and it's true that a heel-mounted magazine release is less-than-optimal for tactical reloading against the clock, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it hampers the process. Like anything else, with a bit of training, a heel-activated change can still be quite rapid.

All in all, the P7 still represents something of a "best kept secret" in the handgun world due to the peculiarities of it's manual of arms and -- more to the point -- the high price of acquisition. I'm a 1911 guy for the most part, but it's interesting just how many serious 1911ers also own and carry P7s. To me, that speaks volumes. The P7 isn't the best choice for every application, but in the CCW role you would be hard-pressed to find anything better -- at any price.

Chief

M4Guru
01-08-07, 05:43
$800 is a FAIR price for a nice PSP. $975 is way too much for one from the prices I have seen. $750-850 is generally the price range I see them for. $975 for one not " as new" is borderline theivery.

DrMark
01-08-07, 08:16
Oh, I forgot to add- my FFL has two P-somethings with mag releases on the butt. ... They have, I belive, the BMI mark that has lines through it on the slide- not the usual machined area.
That's like mine, a German Police trade-in.

I enjoy shooting it, but I haven't employed as a carry gun. Like everyone else has said, it's certainly not comfortable for extended sessions unless your shooting gloves are oven mits.

I've shot the M13 variant some, as a friend had one. Nice, but the added grip girth wasn't well-suited to me.

I've seen the 40-cal version for sale every now and then. They reportedly work well, despite looking like Hi-Point assited with the design concept. To me, they appear afflicted with firearm hydrocephalus, or bring to mind the scene from So I Married an Axe Murderer... "Heeeeead, down!"

Anyway, as was mentioned, they generally hold their value well, so if you try one out and decide to sell, you can likely recoup your investment.

Zak Smith
01-08-07, 15:21
It's my main CCW choice and I have a pair of them. Very thin, easy to conceal.
I also prefer the early PSPs.

edwin907
01-08-07, 18:32
My first choice for carry is a P7M8, but luckily the P7M13 fits the holsters also.
Just need different mag carriers, and Matt or Lou will be glad to fix you up.

http://www.pbase.com/edwin907/image/51375738/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/edwin907/image/51375739/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/edwin907/image/59398099/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/edwin907/image/56904262/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/edwin907/image/55625028/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/edwin907/image/60680462/original.jpg

Pretty dang good group on that test target!

SuicideHz
01-08-07, 18:37
I picked up the new N4 lower today and took another "gander" at the pair of P7s. I think they are 5 digit serials- yes, they are 5 digit and start in the 40's. I think one is 4x507 and the other is 4x513 or so...

They are indeed marked with the scratched-through BMI and do NOT have a date code but DO have "10/82" engraved on the slides with what looked to be the same tooling that did the strikeouts through the BMI.

They have one mag and are in 70% condition but they surely aren't plum- just worn blueing. Old sights, non refurbished guns...

Trio- I would almost be certain that you ought to have that pistol cocked as you align your sights on your would be target, no? Just like you'd have the safety off on your 1911?

As a side note, Chuck got two 6920s in this week for customers. One had a fingerprint or drip of oil on the barrel before phosphating that STAYED silver! The large mark was forward of the FSB.

Another side note, what's an early 90's green label 20" rifle worth? I think the serial number had a CH in front of it. A2 stock, A2 upper, shaved bayo lug, plain barrel with brake that is set-screwed on. CMP 1/7 5.56 barrel. VERY nice almost unused condition with a 5 or 10 round POS mag...

SuicideHz
01-08-07, 18:38
Edwin- you have way to many of each of the finer things in life. Which of those 3 are you looking to sell me?

trio
01-08-07, 19:30
certainly you want your weapon to be at the ready...

but, when you draw a 1911, do you disengage the thumb safety while it is still in the holster?

or do you

a) draw, then disengage

or
b) drop the thumb safety as you draw

with the squeeze cocker there is no way to not be in positive contact with the safety...with the adrenaline pushing when you grab that gun it would be very easy to disengage the holster as soon as you grabbed it...

I am sure with training this risk becomes de minimis...but still...just food for thought...

again, I loved mine, and carried it some....just something to consider

Batt 57
01-08-07, 20:27
First post....

Thanks to Rob S for pointing me to this forum.

I have a P7M8 that I carry daily. For holsters checkout Matt Delfatti, http://www.delfatti.com/the best option for P7 leather.

I saw that you mentioned park cities tactical. That would be you best source for P7 info.

http://homepage.mac.com/sgrasso/images/P7M8_B.jpg

SuicideHz
01-08-07, 22:56
Hey welcome! Are you the guy on PCT with the del fatti leather link in your sig?

Why does Jupiter FL seem so familiar? I just saw a movie or TV show that mentioned Jupiter FL...

nyeti
01-09-07, 00:40
A couple of issues here.

As a primary tactical pistol, the P7 is dated and not my first choice as far as being an efficient pice of gear. I have carried a P7M13 in a primary tactical pistol role in the early 90's while in a specialized unit, but ended up with a 1911 in that role. I have owned M8's and even the .40 and a K3, but there is only one P7 that makes sense to me these days, and that is the PSP/P7.

Here is why. I have a P7 (pre M series, with the flush heel release). It has very little blueing left on it as I have had this thing for an awfully long time and only had Josh Bulman do some leather for it in the last year. The reason for this is it is my favorite "shove" gun.

What's a "shove" gun? Its that gun you just shove in your pants, or a pocket, or under your leg in the car, or shove in a small fanny pack or the pocket or pouch of a backpack....etc. I carry a P7 like most folks carry a small revolver.

Thinking of the P7 in snubnose revolver terms, it rules the day. It is flatter, it is the "safest" gun I own for holsterless carry and to be shoved in weird places, it is a whole lot easier to hit stuff, as anyone will tell you they are both fast and have exceptional triggers, they have low recoil and are very controllable, and they hold almost twice the ammo. SO how does your model 60 look now................:eek: .

The heel release............the spare mag (if I even have one) is buried in my pocket. The beauty of this is that it has NEVER had the mag pop out when I didn't want it to.......i can't say this about all my autos.

Heat............how many 250 round sessions you doing with your snub? Hell, the P7 doesn't even have the heatshield that the M series do. You want to shoot that much, or competitively, get a GLock.

That is the deal with me, its my "anti-Glock". I refuse to carry a Glock without a holster, and my P7 rarely sees one. I shoot the crap out of my Glocks with high round training sessions, and I take my time with my P7, and generally shoot from how its carried and with a purpose. The P7 is heavy for its size-the Glock is light. The P7 is flat and sits very low in the hand-the GLocks are fat. THe P7 has a very light, crisp trigger-the Glock......well its kinda of light and spongy. I store my Glocks at over 6ft. and totally out of reach of my kid-the p7 is about as kid proof as you can get.

The only major drawback is that my gun hates 147gr. 9mm that is my prefered round, so I carry 124's in it.

For those wanting to suppress an exotic euro gun, the HK p9 is hard to beat in this role. The P7 is not the way to go.

trio................I have no clue what you are talking about. What safety? What de-cocker? You squeeze the grip on the draw and the striker is cocked, you release the grip when you come off target and the weapon is both un-cocked and the trigger is totally dead............what's the issue.

If it was me, I'd jump on one of the German trade ins (carried alot, shot a little).

Obiwan
01-09-07, 07:12
Nyeti covered it pretty well

I am another fan of the PSP

It is the one pistol that I can leave in the safe for months and still get one ragged hole in the target the next time I shoot it

Around here the BMI guns go for more like $600-$750 the last time I checked...

I have come very close to leaving my fav shop with another one on several occaisions

trio
01-09-07, 07:34
again, im not criticizing the gun, i like them...

as far as an explanation...people in the earlier posts said that they wouldnt carry a P7 series because of the unique manual of arms...

my response was that it wasnt much different than a 1911, or another pistol with a manual safety (berettas, the old smiths, etc) in that there was an additional step in preparing the gun to fire...

In the 1911 its disengaging the thumb safety

n the beretta its disengaging the slide safety (assuming you arent just carry DA, safety off)

In the P7 its ensuring that you have depressed the squeezecocker...

I understand that, to a certain extent, the comparison is incorrect because the first two examples are safeties, and the third is not...

perhaps a better comparison would be to a SA Revolver like the Blackhawk...if you want to engage that you have to thumb back the hammer...

At any rate, my contention was that I did not think the manual of arms of the P7 was all that different from learning to use a gun with a manual safety...there is essentially "one extra step" you have to train yourself to do beyond, say, a glock....

My concern was one of those "out of the wild blue" guesses...

I dont personally see a problem...however, because of the location of the cocker, it would be very easy in a "heat of the moment" situation to depress the cocker as soon as you grabbed the gun....

some people may want to do exactly that...

and lets face it, with proper trigger discipline it shouldnt be a problem...

I was just trying to come up with a scenario where the P7's unique manual of arms may be a problem...

I dont own mine anymore, so I cant test myself, but I seem to remember, when I practiced draws, that I did not depress the decocker all the way until I had cleared the holster...but that may easily just be me remembering incorrectly

at any rate...reading all of this has made me want to get a PSP if I can find one for cheap...unfortunately, right now my "gun money" is being saved for a .45 M&P when they are available

Batt 57
01-09-07, 07:58
Hey welcome! Are you the guy on PCT with the del fatti leather link in your sig?

Why does Jupiter FL seem so familiar? I just saw a movie or TV show that mentioned Jupiter FL...

No, thats not me. There are few guys on there that have the Del Fatti link in their sig line. Jupiter is in northern Palm Beach county, most ridiculously expensive place to live in Florida.

I read through some of the responses in this thread and most of it is dead on. Still, with all of the issues discussed I would not hesitate to get a P7 or PSP and carry it. I have actually shot mine at IDPA matches and there are two other club members that would shot M13's at the matches on a regular basis.

Get a police trade-in, carry it, shoot it. You'll be happy with it.

And after you start to appreciate the gun for want it is you'll want to get a P9S!

Steve

TOrrock
01-09-07, 17:19
Ditto on getting a P9S! :D

Ligament
04-19-09, 17:31
The P7 series is an outstanding sidearm. It is scary accurate, easy to point, compact. Its squeeze cocker action makes the gun very safe in my opinion, and is actually very natural (for me) to use. My wife loves it too.

People make too big a deal over the trigger guard overheating issue. Shoot 50 rounds, remove the slide and place on a damp cool towel, and it is cool and ready to shoot in under a minute.

The only downsides are weight/ammo ratio. It is a heavy gun. But, for CCW issues I think 8 rounds if fine. Other downside is if you are doing intensive training/classes with non-stop high round count shooting; you'd burn your hand up.

I still think it is one of the finest 9mm pistols ever made.

threebanger
04-19-09, 18:04
I picked up two police P7 grade A's when CDNN had the deal going last Nov. for $499. I plan on Trijicon NS/Nill grips/NP3 for both when I get the time. I love them to death. Are they the most practical, lightest, highest capacity CCW out there? Hell no....but they will shoot the d!ck off a tick & are very easy to use. My train of thought is if I need more than eight rounds (x 2 if needed) in a gun fight then I was somewhere I had no business being in the 1st place.

the1911fan
04-19-09, 18:08
Over 2 year old thread...resurrected:eek:

VooDoo6Actual
04-19-09, 20:24
Carried and owned a few for many years.

Engineering is trick no doubt.

FAR better guns ot there that shoot faster, better ergonomics, accuracy comparable (name a Major competitor that EVER won a single MAJOR competition w/ one ?).

One of their best attributes is the quick first shot. One reason they are a favorite for BG's / PA's etc.

If you like the engineering, and quick first shot ability is your "De Jour" by all means indulge.

Far better guns out there for SHTF and will do more damage.

as always YMMV....

halo2304
04-19-09, 21:30
I actually bought one tonight, but have used them in the past.

PROS:

1. HK quality
2. Accuracy of a fixed barrel
3. Ergonomic
4. Great trigger
5. Good sights
6. Slim, compact, and concealable

CONS:

1. Expensive
2. Mag release on butt sucks...variants with normal frame mounted ones cost much more
3. Mags are expensive $60+
4. 8 rds of 9mm.........:(
5. HOT barrel above trigger
6. Holster options limited...just like the sight options, grip options, light options(nonexistant)
7. Your'e supporting the dudes that hate the public shooting community
8. The manual of arms is different to the degree that this needs to be your only carry gun since the trigger is so sensitive once cocked. I keep mine as a plinker/conversation piece.

I love the P7, even with all it's negatives. it feels and shoots like no other, and is made with all the care of a Rolex.

CON #7 makes absolutly no sense. WTF does that mean?
Also, #2 is kind of a subjective thing. I actually prefer the Euro mag release on the P7s.
Same with #4. My Glock 19 is a great carry gun, but it's a borderline bulky for Spring/Fall. At least on my body. That's why I carry one of my P7s. It's a little thinner and doesn't bulge out like my G19. I'm thinking of getting a K9 for summer carry because I don't want my P7 to rust from sweat.

varoadking
04-20-09, 04:40
I found this little beauty today:

http://mactec-militaryarms.com/837c_hkp7m8.jpg

$1285 with the Walnut Grips or $1195 with standard Black.

The rounds are placed backwards in the magazine... :D

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-20-09, 07:24
Over 2 year old thread...resurrected:eek:

Amazing how it looked like the recent P7 thread.

PAinPA
04-20-09, 18:08
my only experience is with my brothers P7M13.very well built pistol.solid.accurate.very expensive mags that are not common to find.an interesting design who's time has passed.

rtb1973
04-20-09, 19:28
great gun I have two of them looking for a third

subzero
04-20-09, 20:28
Saw a bunch of them at the show this weekend. All with the heel mag release. All looked like they were new in the box. There were a bunch of them with nickel slides at ~$930 or so, a bunch around ~850 or 900 without the nickel. I did see one gem at $599 that I thought long and hard about buying but the slide was this weird purple color and it only had one mag.

I admit, I'm not looking at it as a carry piece. It's a neat thing that I'd like to shoot once in a while. But since I'm not a collector, I have a hard time buying something I know I won't shoot.

DrMark
04-20-09, 21:02
I did see one gem at $599 that I thought long and hard about buying but the slide was this weird purple color and it only had one mag.

Dude, it's called "plum" and it's the epitome of German fashion!

(Mine has a plummish slide.)

SoulStealer
04-24-09, 13:54
Great guns. Ive handled and shot a couple of them and would buy one in a second if it fit my budget.

Scapegoat
04-24-09, 19:02
I like my P7 PSP but then it only cost me $650.00. It's accurate, well made, and yes it does get hotter than hell after 60 rounds. It'll probably keep it's value over time so I wouldn't call it a total waste of money.