PDA

View Full Version : carbon 15/?

glock2026
05-14-09, 19:02
Are carbon 15 9mm s junk.Or o.k.I have one if its bad i will get a new lower.Std mill spec.

restfortheweary
05-16-09, 09:51
This is a charged topic on this forum. Most people bash them. I SBR'D a bushmaster carbon 15 pistol in 9mm and it is my favorite range toy. I would not depend on it for hard use; however, I have over 3 thousand rounds through mine with minimal problems. I bought it used, so I have no idea what kind of round count the original owner had through it. Put a micro on top and you will have a blast at the range. Just avoid the older cproducts mags.

glock2026
06-08-09, 01:04
thank you, i like to hear good things too.

jbecker
07-05-09, 17:54
I've had one for a little over a year. Seems to run good.

glock2026
08-11-09, 17:19
got rid of my 9mm carbon 15 ,and now have a rock river 9mm.:o

Outlander Systems
08-11-09, 20:36
I bought a C-15 Type 97S in 2007. The 9mm may be a bird of a different feather, altogether, but the .223/5.56 was singlehandedly the second worst firearm I ever wasted my money on.

My experience with it showed me that:

It is unweildy
There's very little parts commonality
It is highly unreliable

I had a lot of high hopes for this weapon, and on paper, it seemed like it would be a solid performer.

I had double-feed after double-feed after stovepipe, after FTF, after light primer strike. Every possible problem you could associate with the AR-15 platform manifested itself regularly with the C-15. Different ammunition didn't help. I was using a mix of various USGI mags, Thermold, and PMAGs.

I'm not ruling out a lemon, and mine may have just been a dud, but that thing was horrific. I had three range trips, each with AT LEAST 500 troublesome rounds per session. On one occasion, I was with buddies, and my mags/ammunition worked fine in their smokewagons.

Finally I gave up, and sold it.

Again, that's just my experience, but it was awful. The recoil is atrocious, the noise is deafening, there's nothing ergonomic about it. It was the worst shooting firearm I've ever owned, and I've had some rotten stinkers.

The only person I'd recommend one to is someone who wanted to get in a duel with me.

Dude, steer VERY clear of that thing.