PDA

View Full Version : Iron Sight Users... KNS Sight Post!!

Razorhunter
01-07-07, 22:05
I have been dying to find a better front sight post for my Colt M4. I simply cannot stand the regular square front sight post, and it covers much of the target at longer distances. It also is sometimes hard to see the sight post when shooting at dark backgrounds or targets. Trijicon posts are not all that great, as the damn tritium dots are not at the VERY TIP of the sight post, as that would not be easy to machine I suppose. Look at most tritium posts, and you'll see the tritium dot is well below the tip of the sight post.

Anyhow, I'm wondering if anyone uses/has used the KNS Reticle/Duplex Reticle Front Sight Post??? http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=498001

I see there are two different reticle options. "Reticle", which is your standard reticle with regular .010" wires, and then there is the "Duplex Reticle", which has BOLDER lines out around the perimeter, as you all probably know.
My only concerns with this reticle are being able to see the crosshairs as easily as a standard front sight post. IF the "Duplex reticle" might possibly be easier to see, I wonder if it would obscure too much of the target at long distances? Maybe so, maybe not.
I kind of feel like the duplex is the way to go, as the crosshairs will probably be seen a bit easier, but I'm just not sure.
I would like to hear from anyone using this, or a similar front sight post..
Thanks guys.

BTW,
They offer this sight post in a "hooded" or "non-hooded" version. Would the hooded be easier to see in bright sunlight, or would it have much affect on visibility???

Stickman
01-08-07, 14:22
I've used it, and it works pretty well. I ran a few classes, and let both instructors and novice shooters use it, and it was well received. The largest drawback is for people who have been using the standard iron sights for the past 30 years, I guess we have grown used to certain things...

deadwood83
01-08-07, 16:56
I have one. It's really nice but it will stick up above the ears of the front sight.

Razorhunter
01-08-07, 18:40
Thanks for the info guys. It seems everyone that has used them, has really spoke highly of them.

Do you guys have the DUPLEX or the Regular Reticle version of this sight post? Also, any thoughts on the "hooded" vs the "NON-hooded" model???

I am wondering which model would be easiest to see in various conditions...

I figure the hooded is probably best, but I'm still undecided on the reticle. Duplex might be easier to see, but might also cover up a bit more of the target at LONG distances...
Decisions, decisions...

royta
01-09-07, 10:49
What do you do about elevation adjustments? You're limited to 180 degree turns of the post instead of 90 degree turns. Does anybody find that you're either too high or too low?

Razorhunter
01-09-07, 16:11
What do you do about elevation adjustments? You're limited to 180 degree turns of the post instead of 90 degree turns. Does anybody find that you're either too high or too low?

I can't see this possibly mattering THAT much...
Most of us aren't shooting benchrest rifles either...

RE4
08-29-09, 22:17
Do you guys have the DUPLEX or the Regular Reticle version of this sight post? Also, any thoughts on the "hooded" vs the "NON-hooded" model???

I am sorry to bring up an old topic, but I was wondering if anyone could answer his question. Im thinking about buying this sight but I too am looking for some input on exactly this!