PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my SBR?

Kimbo
05-16-09, 00:43
Last March I placed an order for a LWRC PSD. I finally received it in December and started paperwork for it and submitted my form 4's in March. It's in the 6.8 caliber which at the time when I placed the order for the rifle was readily available. Now seeing how it's extremely hard to come by I'm thinking about selling the upper and getting a 5.56 upper. My question is what do you guys think I should do, keep the upper and get a 5.56 upper or sell it and just get a 5.56 upper? I'm thinking about getting a Colt M4 CQBR upper to replace the 8" 6.8 piston upper...

Cameron
05-16-09, 00:48
A new SBR upper is less that $500, I would keep the 6.8 upper and simply get an new 5.56.

DocHolliday01
05-16-09, 01:14
A new SBR upper is less that $500, I would keep the 6.8 upper and simply get an new 5.56.

+1 Ammo will start to show up eventually and then you can have the best of both worlds. I would definately keep the 6.8 upper.

rob_s
05-16-09, 06:52
I actually find 6.8 ammo to be more readily available than 5.56, but YMMV.

Presumably you have other guns in 5.56 that you can shoot on a regular basis, and reserve the VSBR in 6.8 for whatever application you intended it when you bought it, no?

tweakmeister
05-16-09, 10:58
I'd pick up one of those BCM 11.5" you see floating around. A great little upper.

Kimbo you're in MD? Ever go shooting at DelMarVa?

dcmdon
05-20-09, 20:44
Lets just clarify something.

Its not an SBR upper. Its just an upper. The SBR is the firearm. On an AR thats the lower receiver.

I'm splitting hairs here because the term SBR is a legal term. It has specific meaning.

You aren't really asking what to do with your SBR. You're going to keep your SBR. You're just thinking about selling the upper. A non-regulated firearm part.

Don

Cameron
05-20-09, 20:53
Lets just clarify something.

Its not an SBR upper. Its just an upper. The SBR is the firearm. On an AR thats the lower receiver.

I'm splitting hairs here because the term SBR is a legal term. It has specific meaning.

You aren't really asking what to do with your SBR. You're going to keep your SBR. You're just thinking about selling the upper. A non-regulated firearm part.

Don

Semantics everyone knows what he is talking about. The OP asked what to do with his SBR? Keep it as a 6.8 or sell it and get a 5.56 upper
I'm thinking about selling the upper and getting a 5.56 upper