PDA

View Full Version : VTAC LBE Belt

Bpurcg19
05-16-09, 13:43
Hey everyone,

Is anyone using the VTAC LBE Belt? Any thoughts?

Also, I have never used a molle belt. How would I attach a regular Safariland Belt holster to the molle system? Is it possible?

Thanks,
-B:D

Iraq Ninja
05-16-09, 15:07
Best thing to do is to thread the holster strap thru the molle and over the main belt. Using just the molle to support your holster is a recipe for failure.

Bpurcg19
05-16-09, 15:13
Iraq Ninja,

Do you mean for a 6004? I have one of those also. But I am also wondering how to attach a regular belt holster to a molle belt. Usually I just slide the duty belt through the holster slot and thats it. But how do I use it with a molle style belt?

Thanks for the help.

NCPatrolAR
05-16-09, 15:58
Iraq Ninja,

Do you mean for a 6004? I have one of those also. But I am also wondering how to attach a regular belt holster to a molle belt. Usually I just slide the duty belt through the holster slot and thats it. But how do I use it with a molle style belt?

Thanks for the help.

I've found it best to use a MOLLE belt that uses a inner duty belt. You anchor the holster to the duty belt and dont have to worry about cutting threads to open a wider channel on the belt.

As for the VTAC belt, no expereince with it. I've been less than impressed with the VTAC pouches I've seen though.

Bpurcg19
05-16-09, 16:35
Ok. Second question.

Does the molle belt just sit on its own or does it attach the belt holding my pants like a duty belt would?

For some reason I am having a hard time grasping whether or not there are any differences in the molle belt attachment to the pants belt if there are any. :(

Thanks
-B

RAM Engineer
05-16-09, 17:21
Can't speak for the VTAC belt, but every MOLLE belt I've seen is standalone, like an LBE belt...that's probably why they named the VTAC such...

I'd check out the Blue Force Gear belt instead or if you have the money, the Crye Blast belt.

VTAC nylon is made by 5.11, who is not known for quality gear.

rob_s
05-16-09, 18:53
What are you hoping to gain by having a MOLLE belt vs. a standard duty or pants belt?

Bpurcg19
05-16-09, 19:35
Rob,

I don't think I will gain anything from the molle setup more than a duty belt setup.

What I want most is to have a system that I can put on and take off easily. Right now I run all my mags pouches and holster through the pants belt and through the belt loops. This is annoying lately though because then to dry fire I have to put it all on. It would be much nicer to have something more stand alone styled that I could just throw on and take off easily. I would like to run a system like this for everything. I have been running the "through the pants belt loops" setup for ever and have not used a stand alone yet but I think I would greatly benefit from it.

The molle style is not a must at all. I would actually prefer it to not be a molle style. But I really do want a stand alone belt. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bpurcg19
05-17-09, 14:22
Does the Eagle padded belt have the option to remove the pad? Is it just a standard duty belt and then a pad over it? If so, this would give me a good option to choose which system I like better, the duty belt, or the padded molle.

Thanks.
-B

rob_s
05-17-09, 16:01
The Eagle belt I have is a belt and a separate pad that gets added to it.

Bpurcg19
05-17-09, 16:16
Rob,

Is this what you have? http://www.vikingtactics.com/specials.html

If so, you're saying that the inner belt can be removed?

Thanks,
-B

rob_s
05-17-09, 16:18
no, my appologies, I didn't use a molle belt. That's why I asked why you wanted molle.

I used an Eagle duty belt with pad and used regular Eagle duty pouches for the M4 and pistol mags.

Bpurcg19
05-17-09, 16:20
I see. Ok good news. I think that is the same route I want to go. I am not sure I need any molle stuff. My biggest concern is getting something to stand alone. Does it stand alone? Is that how you use it?

Thanks for the help
-B

tmfrmk
05-20-09, 21:37
Can't speak for the VTAC belt, but every MOLLE belt I've seen is standalone, like an LBE belt...that's probably why they named the VTAC such...

I'd check out the Blue Force Gear belt instead or if you have the money, the Crye Blast belt.

VTAC nylon is made by 5.11, who is not known for quality gear.

RAM Engineer,

The belt in question is made by Eagle, not 5.11: http://www.vikingtactics.com/specials.html