PDA

View Full Version : How do you get the improved battlesight zero?

Galliente
05-18-09, 16:51
Hey fellas!...My queston is ..I have seen in the past on MSN's Maryland AR15 forum the IMPROVED BATTLE SIGHT ZERO...Basically..How to adjust the rear sight on a standard M16/M4 or an AR15 ..For better accuracy while shooting 25 to 300 yards...I believe in the forum it read something like that....I know its not a normal battlesight zero,Because..you had to remove a screw on the elevation knob and adjust it past the zero mark..then put the screw back in it...I was thinking about purchasing an LMT BUIS Rear sight with a rear sight elevation adjustment(The standard rear sight from the military) But ...The web sight is no longer active...Any suggestions would be helpful...on how to get the improved battle sight zero

austinN4
05-18-09, 16:56
See the knowledge base threads. It is there!

spamsammich
05-18-09, 16:57
thanks google.

sorry for linking barfcom.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=328143

spamsammich
05-18-09, 17:01
The technique differs slightly from 8/3 sights. I did this with a 6/3 LMT sight a while back. I think I had to use more clicks on the elevation wheel. Yep, my LMT sight bottoms out at 4 clicks past 6/3 since there are twice as many clicks between settings compared to the 8/3 sights.